Thoroughly cleans and maintains hotel guest rooms and/ or other assigned areas in a timely and organized manner to ensure guest satisfaction, hotel sanitation, and hotel appearance.
- Cleans and services assigned guest rooms and bathrooms in a timely and organized manner according to procedures and standards.
- Changes sheets, makes beds and vacuum in both stay over and check out guest rooms.
- Dusts entire guest room including tables, night stands, dressers, light fixtures, televisions, air condition units, and window ledges in all rooms.
- Cleans all mirrors.
- Notifies guest services (front desk) when service is complete so rooms may be sold. Reports any room unable to be serviced within appropriate time standards to supervisor.
- Reports needed repairs of unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Responds to requests from guests, supervisors or management in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintains linen cart and supplies neat and organized to department standards.
- Maintains security of equipment, keys and supplies issued each day.
- Reports lost and found articles to supervisor.
- Replaces light bulbs
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Replenishes supplies such as drinking glasses, writing, bathroom supplies, and linen.
- Cleans rooms in accordance to specific brand and company minutes per room standard
- Follows procedures for team cleaning and self-inspecting program.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Reports appropriate complaints or requests to appropriate department. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Keeps maid station clean and organized, and makes rollaway beds.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Follows company policies and procedures.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Internal: All hotel staff: For effective communication
External: Hotel guests: To provide service
Education/Experience: Basic reading, writing and math skills, is preferred. No experience necessary.
Certification and/or License Requirement: None.
Skills and Qualities:
- Organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Attention to detail
- Considerate of guests and staff
- Flexible worker
- Appreciation of clean facilities
- Logic and reason
- Friendly and accommodating towards guests
- Will be required to work weekends and holidays.
- Will be required to work in fast paced environment.
- Will be required to work with common household chemicals.
- May be asked to work overtime.
This description of physical and mental activities is not intended to describe essential job functions. Rather, its purpose is to give the job applicant a feel for the physical and mental activities of the job to the end that an applicant with a disability can determine whether he or she will be able to do this job either with or without accommodations.
Since cleaning is the major responsibility of this position, Room Attendants spend a significant portion of their workday involved in the following: unlocking, opening, pushing, pulling, lifting, bending and stretching.
The vast majority of the time is spent moving about the property in order to clean guestrooms, and this is usually accomplished by walking.
Communication skills are necessary some of the time in order to interact with hotel guests or staff.
In addition to operating a vacuum cleaner, Room Attendants typically lift and pull items weighing as much as 25 pounds and pull/ push up to 200 pounds.
Room Attendants will have the opportunity to used problem-solving abilities in a limited capacity.
- Reports to: Executive Housekeeper - Manager, Executive Housekeeper – Supervisor
- Job title also known as: Guest Room Attendant, Maid, Housekeeper, Housekeeping Attendant