Conn’s was founded over 125 years ago and is currently operating 100+ stores and expanding into new markets. Conn’s is publicly owned and offers a comprehensive benefits program including: Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Vacation, Basic Life Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement and Employee Discounts.
The General Warehouse role is to perform material handling functions for product in assigned department (receiving, picking, staging, uncrated, check-in, and other). The General Warehouse role may also at time require the employee to be material handling equipment (MHE) certified as the department and role dictate.
- Document all transactions systemically as per department standard operating procedures.
- Maintain a clean, clear and organized work area at all times. Clean as you go.
- Maintain assigned equipment, document equipment deficiencies to management.
- Work safely, following applicable safety procedures. Report safety issues and concerns immediately.
- Works closely with other departments and leaders to ensure proper product movement and tracking.
- Maintain minimum accepted levels of productivity as specified by department metrics.
- Manage time effectively to minimize non-productive / non-value added hours
- Must have good organization skills and be detail-oriented
- Ability to occasionally move/position product weighing up to 150 lbs. without assistance and up to 250 lbs. with the assistance of a dolly or other equipment
- Ability to consistently bend, stoop, and squat
- Ability to use computers and hand-held electronic devices
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to constantly work in an open/outdoor warehouse environment and pass a post-offer, pre-employment physical assessment
- High school diploma or GED is required
Conn’s is PROUD to be an equal opportunity employer.