Leased Area ManagerOverview
The Leased Area Manager (LAM) is the energetic and enthusiastic leader of our leased partner locations within the assigned geographical area. The LAM will oversee leased locations and will embody all aspects of the Company's vision and mission including being fanatical about brands, our Mom2Be, and our team members, resulting in increased value to our shareholders, and the communities where we live and work. The LAM is accountable for driving sales in each leased location by establishing and building strong relationships with leased business partners and maintaining visual presentations and operational standards that reflect both Destination Maternity and the leased partner requirements.
* Embody a brand culture that engages and excites team members and our Mom2Be.
* Lead and coach the team of part time Merchandise & Sales Coordinators to effectively connect with and educate our Mom2Be.
* Uphold visual and operational excellence within each leased location.
* Ensure all promotions, price changes and sign changes in the department are executed in a timely manner so that our sales and promotions are clearly and accurately communicated to our Mom2Be.
* Actively network, recruit and seek top talent for any part time opportunities within area. Actively build and maintain a pipeline of talent for bench and succession planning.
* Build relationships with professional network; internal partners in the Company and external partners in, leased locations, shopping center and other professional network contacts.
* Lead leased team in personal and professional development and identify potential for succession planning.
* Utilize Company tools, policies and procedures to ensure coaching and feedback is in line with the Company and position competencies.
* Build repeat business and maximize traffic by delivering an exceptional client experience.
* Maintain an in-depth knowledge of all merchandise within each leased location. Understand differences in assortments.
* Ensure that visual/marketing presentation is in compliance with both Company and leased partner standards.
* Communicate business opportunities, client feedback, and store needs to District Manager or leased partner contacts.
* Oversee financial aspects of each leased location including payroll, effective scheduling analysis, budgets, expenses, and inventory.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
* A minimum of 3-5 years retail management experience required. Specialty, fashion apparel or multi-unit experience preferred.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Ability to work independently, including in a single coverage environment.
* Flexible schedule required, including the ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
* Ability to travel based on business needs between multiple leased partner locations.
* Understand business metrics.
* Excellent time management and organizational skills.
* Self-motivated, independent leader.
* Ability to be mobile in a store including standing, walking, bending, squatting, kneeling, reaching and/or twisting for up to 8 hours or more per day.
* Simple grasping, pushing, pulling, lifting and/or carrying things that weigh up to 40 pounds.