Store Manager - Motherhood MaternityOverview
The Role of a Store Manager for Motherhood Maternity
The Store Manager is the energetic and enthusiastic leader of the store team in the Motherhood Maternity Store. This position embodies all aspects of the Company vision and mission including being fanatical about brands, our customer, and our people, resulting in increased value to our shareholders, and the communities where we live and work. This position allows the Store Manager to independently lead our boutique selling environment with an entrepreneurial spirit and drive for success.
* Make our Mom2Be the center of attention. Surprise her with our high caliber service level to establish a meaningful connection and lasting relationship with our Mom2Be.
* Lead and coach the team to effectively connect with and educate our Mom2Be.
* Embody a brand culture that engages and excites the team and our Mom2Be.
* Uphold visual and operational excellence. Empower team to make store based decisions that meet Company expectations and will support overall client experience.
* Actively network, recruit and seek top talent. Build relationships with professional network; internal partners in the Company and external partners in shopping center and/or professional network.
* Lead team in personal and professional development; identify potential for succession planning.
* Maintain an in-depth knowledge of all merchandise in the store, coach store team on all aspects of product knowledge, including brand information and differences, styling tips, fabrications and key features and benefits of our product assortment.
* Utilize Company tools, policies and procedures to ensure coaching and feedback is in line with the Company and position competencies.
* Build repeat business and maximize traffic by delivering an exceptional client experience.
* Ensure that visual/marketing presentation is consistent throughout the store. Communicate business opportunities, client feedback, and store needs to Area/District Manager.
* Oversee financial aspects of the store including payroll, budgets, expenses, and inventory.
* Frequently open and/or close and run the operations of the store independently during shift.
* A minimum of 3-5 years retail management experience required. Specialty or fashion apparel experience preferred.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Ability to work independently, including in a single coverage environment.
* Flexible schedule required, including the ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
* Understand business metrics.
* Excellent time management and organizational skills.
* Self-motivated, independent leader.
* Ability to understand the importance of optimizing payroll, creating and effective schedule based on high traffic business timeframes.
* Ability to be mobile in a store including standing, walking, bending, squatting, kneeling, reaching and/or twisting for up to 8 hours or more per day.
* Simple grasping, pushing, pulling, lifting and/or carrying things that weigh up to 40 pounds.
Destination Maternity Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to hire, train, pay, offer benefits, terminate, transfer, and promote individuals regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, marital status, genetic information or other characteristic protected by law.