For over 50 years, Cost Plus World Market (also known simply as, "World Market") has worked with international artisans to provide customers with the most "Unique, Authentic and Always Affordable" global treasures anywhere. With 258+ stores in 30 states, and a thriving eCommerce website, we offer an incredible, ever-changing variety of casual home furnishings, decor, entertaining essentials, gifts, jewelry, wine, gourmet food and beyond, from around the world.
Currently we are looking for a Supervisor canidate to join our Retail Operations department.
The Supervisor acts in a leadership role within the store and is responsible for assisting the General Manager in store operations. The Supervisor's primary responsibilities are maintaining specific zones within the store, as well as performing certain functions (i.e., Visual, Customer Service, etc.).
- Excellent supervisory skills including: A strong sense of urgency, excellent customer service skills, good attention to detail, creative problem solving skills, excellent delegation and follow up skills, ability to get the team to execute the priorities you lay out, and to be a good role model and to consistently exhibit the highest level of professionalism and integrity.
- Experience with various customer service techniques.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills and sound judgment.
- Prior accounting, budgeting, scheduling, inventory control, loss prevention and merchandising responsibilities are preferred.
- Minimum of 2+ years of supervisory experience in a retail or similar fast-paced, customer service environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including a majority of weekend shifts.
We value the talents each employee brings to Cost Plus World Market, and highly encourage internal growth opportunities within the organization. We offer a world of benefits to our associates including: a generous associate discount, 401k, Paid Holidays, Sick Pay and Vacation, a comprehensive benefits package for Full Time associates & many others.