Food Service Associate
Do you enjoy a fast-paced atmosphere and have a passion for retail? Kum & Go is looking for Food Service Associates who will maintain the highest level of food safety while preparing and serving fresh and convenient food options to our valued customers. The Food Service Associate will partner with the store team to achieve our vision of becoming the #1 Convenience Retailer.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that all food safety and sanitation standards are met.
- Safely operating kitchen equipment and following procedures for food preparation and presentation.
- Assisting with the display, stocking and signage of products.
- Providing fast, friendly customer service.
- Promote the Kum & Go vision and values internally and externally.
- Exhibits professionalism in appearance, conduct and judgment.
High school diploma or GED preferred. Customer service and food experience a plus.
Minimum Skills and/or Knowledge Required:
- Basic computer and math skills
- Demonstrates a friendly, helpful customer service attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to adapt to change
- Willingness to support food program and procedures
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining high detail orientation
- Strong drive for success
- Broad availability to include nights, weekends and holidays
- Regular attendance
- Professional and approachable appearance
- Ability to demonstrate core values; Teamwork, Excellence, Integrity, Caring, Passion
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate in person and on the telephone. Associate may need to read computer monitor for long periods of time. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, bend, stoop, crouch, and reach with hands and arms. Stand for 10 to 12 hour days, 5 to 6 days a week / bend at knees, repetitiously (20-30 times a day), walk briskly, and shovel snow as needed. This position frequently lifts, carries, or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 60 pounds and navigate in small spaces (cooler, back rooms and sheds). This position is exposed to occasional temperature extremes while performing work in a walk-in cooler or freezer.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Kum & Go is one of the largest privately-held, company-operated convenience store chains in the United States, and is headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa. With approximately 440 stores across 11 states throughout the Midwest, we are distinguished from our competitors by our excellence in customer service. Our entrepreneurial company is taking progressive steps to increase how the brand is leveraged to support our tremendous growth. Kum & Go considers people to be their greatest asset…come join us!