Villagio Inn and Spa
JOB TITLE: Sales & F&B Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales & Marketing
DEPARTMENT: Sales Department
Provide support, contractual and clerical expertise to Director of Sales & Marketing, and Group Sales Managers in a variety of ways that are critically important to successfully securing business, as well as meeting the needs of the hotel’s clientele. This position has many facets and requires an individual who is flexible, can find work to be accomplished rather than wait for work to be given, and has the ability to prioritize work effectively.
Respond to guest and employee inquiries in an efficient, courteous and professional manner to achieve maximum satisfaction, while complying with all Estate policies.
Check voicemail/email messages several times a day; responding quickly to all guest or client requests. Answer phones by third ring; whenever a sales manager is not answering the phones, pass all live leads immediately to a person (not a voicemail). Take detailed and complete messages as requested.
To the go to person / operator for the property for Delphi. This role handles, but is not limited to, changes to the menus, set up merge documents, update pricing, work with support on open cases, write / set up custom reports, BEO formatting issues, resume merges, etc. Manage the Group Turnover process in Opera and Delphi – verify all functions and group room blocks match the contract, confirm F&B minimum and meeting room rentals are entered correctly and in the appropriate SI field, enter all VIP booking notes, update TravelClick with pertinent information (see turnover sheet); enter final pick up for all groups into Delphi, etc. Set-up and route all VIP amenities for VIP transient and Group bookings on behalf of the sales team. Handle DOSM’s copying, scanning and email requests as needed. Assist DOSM with marketing needs such as in-house design work, collateral development, advertising, and other as necessary. Forward any leads coming into the email@example.com in-box immediately to the appropriate team member. Enter all business cards into Delphi for managers following business trips. Support group and catering managers with Delphi merges (contracts, letters, proposals, etc.). Support and respond to inquiries when managers are away or traveling. Create and coordinate volunteer lists for promo events such as Taste of Yountville, Napa valley Film Festival, etc. Manage/maintain the office organization; making office presentable at all times. Prepare sales packets for the front desk to distribute to walk-ins as needed, and for site inspections. Order promotional items; load USB drives with electronic brochures, sales documents, etc. Runs special errands as needed by the team; i.e. last minute linen increases, candies for group sets, special requests that come in for clients / group planners. Coordinate items in off-site storage for delivery. Maintain an inventory list of all ordered items. Assist with holiday gift lists for the department; wrapping and shipping of all the items. Manager RSVP list / ticketing for property generated events. Maintain a clean, neat and organized work area and file storage system.
Periodically assist with front of house operations including greeting and directing guests, manning hospitality desks, organizing amenities, and working with banquets on ‘quick sets’ or teardowns. Help, develop and train on new sales associates via procedures such as copier, phone systems, amenity requests, and so on.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS & DRESS
- Business Dress at all times due to client interaction. Please see handbook.
- Proficient knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel, Power Point, Delphi and Opera a plus.
- Skilled at Photoshop and the like graphic programs for developing marketing creative as directed by DOSM.
- Strong reading and writing abilities.
- Attention to detail, consistency, accurate typing and proofreading.
- Strong communication skills, with warm and approachable demeanor.
- Team player, and solution driven at all times.
- Must be very organized and be able to prioritize tasks.
- Must have strong telephone and communication skills.
- Ability to work 8 hours a day in a busy and demanding environment.
- Strong ability to see work that needs to get done and take the initiative to support the department and the hotel in general.
The education, specialized training, required licenses or certifications and/or years of directly related experience required to enter this job:
- Four year college degree (B.A.); one-two year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One to two years of employment in a relative position in this or another hospitality driven company.
- DIRECT: Director of Sales & Marketing