Part Time Warehouse Stock Handler Job Description
With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
Customer Service & Logistics (CS&L) is where you’ll integrate our end-to-end demand-driven supply chain. Working “from farm to shelf,” you’ll connect plants with customers to deliver best-in-class service in the most efficient way. Your goal will be to have the right products, at the right time, and with the right quantity and quality on the shelf.
Demonstrate independence, complete schedule assignments, and receive instruction and training from warehouse working leader. Comply with contractual agreements.
1. Participate with management and working leaders in daily work assignments.
2. Establish and maintain proficiency in all technical systems and practices including, KWIC inventory systems, Voice Pick Assembly System, and load line pick sequencing and new product introductions, inbound trailer receiving, and physical inventories.
3. Check in and approve driver returns. Communicate, resolve and follow-up on driver issues through SHAPE Drive Feedback Form. Work with drivers on correct practices such as pre-trip inspection and end of trip HHT settlement and accounting.
4. Solicit and implement driver suggestions for better customer service improvements.
5. Prioritize and work with all warehouse activities including receiving, loading, returns, cleanup, and special assignments as required.
6. Communicate, and assist with all maintenance and repair activities related to delivery trucks, facility, materials handling equipment, and loading systems equipment.
7. 1st shift stock handler will participate in the processes for driver call outs and replacements.
8. Assist in planning and participate in staff meetings for safety, training, and special situations.
9. Establish and maintain open communications between peer group, working leaders, and management regarding all existing and potential issues.
10. Compliance to all branch warehouse work rules.Qualifications
1. Judgment: Makes timely and appropriate decisions based on the evidence. Establishes priorities. Recognizes implications and relationships among problems or issues; understands how seemingly unrelated elements fit together.
2. Planning and Organizing: Assist with realistic and effective plans for meeting goals; determines the optimal order of events for projects or tasks; estimates resources needed; anticipates obstacles by developing fall-back options.
3. Results Orientation: Sets high standards of personal performance; sets challenging goals and works hard to achieve them; volunteers to take on additional responsibility.
4. Cooperation and Teamwork: Works well with others to achieve common goals; places team goals above personal goals; takes initiative to assist co-workers and address their questions and concerns.
5. Customer Service: Incorporates customer needs and requirements into services and products; focuses on customer priorities in all customer interactions.
6. Listening: Listens closely, ensuring a complete and accurate transfer of information. Encourages others to openly express and exchange ideas and information.
7. Oral Communication: Speaks clearly, concisely, and expressively in English. Promptly and consistently shares relevant information with others.
8. Problem Solving: Recognizes symptoms of problems and systematically identifies causes of problems; generates and evaluates alternative solutions. Questions and probes others to obtain needed information.
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing education and work history, in order to be considered for this position. All applicants will receive an email after submitting the first stage of the application. This email will include a link to return to the second stage of the application process. If you had previously submitted a resume, you will need to confirm/verify education and work history. For those that did not submit a resume, you will need to manually enter education and work history.