Provides hands-on supervision of all shift co-workers, ensuring quality resident care and the promotion of resident wellness. In conjunction with the Executive Director, supports all policies, programs and philosophies of Country Meadows. Responsible for the continuous operation of the facility in absence of administration, Director of Wellness, and Assistant Director of Wellness. Other relevant duties as may be required or assigned by management.
Routine Functions of the Position:
• Promote a positive, respectful, and supportive environment for all residents, co-workers, families, outside agencies, and facility guests.
• Support the efforts of the management to establish and maintain a positive, respectful, and supportive environment for all residents, co-workers, families, outside agencies, and facility guests.
• Participates in interviewing, hiring, orientation, and ongoing training of personal care staff.
• Supervise staff under the direction of the program managers. Maintains effective communication regarding staff and shift workload challenges.
• Evaluates co-worker performance collaborating with the program managers. Coaching staff when needed.
• Attend and participate in staff meetings and continuing education. Expand personal knowledge in caring for the geriatric adult.
• Is responsible for compliance and procedures, and regulatory agency rules and regulations.
• Ensures all staffing is in place and services are being delivered in all departments accordingly. Monitors delivery of all services, on assigned shift, including food services, housekeeping, personal care, maintenance, and community life.
• Respond appropriately to all facility emergencies. Contact appropriate leadership in emergencies following the emergency procedure manual.
• Maintains open communication with residents and responsible parties to ensure optimal provision of care to the residents. Protect resident rights and confidentiality of information according to state and federal laws.
• Actively protect resident and co-worker safety by recognizing and reporting or taking immediate action to minimize risk of accident or injury.
o Appropriately handle on-the-job injuries reported by co-workers
o Respond to resident emergencies and react appropriately.
o Implement action plan to decrease risk of further incident occurrence
o Follow requirement for completion of any safety related reports
• Observe for any signs of resident abuse or neglect. Take immediate action and report incidents according to company policy and state laws.
• Assist in maintaining appropriate staffing needs of facility by calling for coverage as needed.
• Collaborates with and supports the efforts of the department heads and managers.
• Collaborates with and supports the efforts of dining services to ensure a beneficial dining experience for each resident. Oversees dietary aides as needed.
• Aware of policies and procedures for assisting residents’ medications and treatments as ordered by physicians. Performs this task when needed and/or instructed by DOW and/or executive director. Maintains medication systems integrity at all times.
• Ensures facility doors are locked and unlocked according to Country Meadows and state regulations.
Critical Success Factors: (Either possesses or is willing and able to learn the following)
• Trained and certified in the medication administrative training
• Compassionate and empathetic in personal interactions
• Effective communication skills both oral and written
• Highly organized. Self-supervising and self-motivating with willingness to cooperate and to work as a team member.
• Management and leadership skills that demonstrate ability to positively influence the behavior of others.
• Adaptable and flexible.
• Ability to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time.
• Ability to stand, sit, walk, kneel, reach, stretch, carry up to 20 pounds, and to support up to 70 pounds.
• Secure proper assistance for transferring and lifting residents as needed.
• Prior supervisory experience in a healthcare environment
• Prefer minimum of one year experience in assisted living or other health care
• CPR certified
• First aid trained
• High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Full time 11 pm to 7:15 am