Live Chat Agent
POSITION PURPOSE -
- The Customer Service Representative's role is to provide quality professional customer service that consistently meets or exceeds Company standards of excellence and customer expectations.
- The position is directly responsible for creating, maintaining and improving customer relationships while interacting with customers on a daily basis during sales and product inquiry transactions.
- Position is also directly responsible for meeting and/or exceeding sales, individual service quality and various related department goals.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES -
- Guides customers through their online shopping experience via phone or chat sessions.
- Promptly assesses customer needs and proactively provides solutions.
- Assists customers with navigating through the HD websites and leads them to a product that meets their needs.
- Effectively & routinely balances multiple customers.
- Drives repeat business by providing, excellent service, accurate and thorough product and service knowledge to customers and through relationship building with customers.
- Keeps customers informed on the status of their order, reconciles errors in a cost effective manner, resolves post-order issues such as returns and follows up to ensure all customer needs are fulfilled. Meets or exceeds scorecard requirements for productivity, schedule adherence, quality and attendance.
- Completes assignments accurately despite a large workload.
NATURE AND SCOPE -
- Position reports to Supervisor Customer Service No direct responsibility for supervising others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Travel: Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS -
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Must pass the pre-employment Drug Test
- Must pass the pre-employment Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests, if applicable
EDUCATION REQUIRED -
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 00
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about.
- On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS -
- Ability to type 25 WPM with minimal errors.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS -
- College Degree preferred
- 1 year of customer service or retail sales experience is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES -
- Skilled at consistently providing outstanding customer service, following through on responsibilities to customers and recovering from any errors made.
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects and assignments accurately, despite a large workload, competing demands and a fast paced environment.
- Skilled at effectively assessing customer audience and adjusting style and tone of written correspondence to match that of the customer.