Entry Bartender: F&B - Wilmot - FT & PT - Winter Seasonal - Wilmot, WI
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Summary of Job: The Food & Beverage Bartender is dedicated to ensuring an “Experience of a Lifetime” to guests and employees while providing quality food in all restaurants throughout the resort.
- Bartender duties include daily communication with Shift Leads and Team Leads, other members of the line staff and all guests.
- Provide highest level of guest service in a high-volume establishment while empowering other employees to provide the same experience.
- Maintain daily duties such as resort knowledge, guest interactions, making cocktails, pour/open beers, cash-handling, cleanliness throughout restaurant and stocking.
- Execute daily opening and/or closing procedures before obtaining drawer or counting drawer.
- Must maintain stock levels throughout the shift and always making sure bar is stocked for the next bartender.
- Personalizes the guest experience by learning the names of guests and using them throughout their visit.
- Maintains bar area to be clean and sanitized always to ensure drink preparation is efficient and to ensure bar runs smoothly.
- Must be knowledgeable of other common cocktails, as well as Wilmot’s house cocktails.
- Must be well prepared to help guests with food related questions and/or suggestions for food items on menu.
- Must know how to properly change a keg in a timely fashion.
- Removing guest’s plates, glasses, silverware, etc. as they are finished with them.
- Taking charge on cleaning the bar when not busy i.e. washing glasses, wiping down bar, cleaning sinks out, restocking ice, wiping inside of coolers.
- Must know how to check ID’s properly for anyone who looks under the age of 40.
- Determine if guests should not be served additional drinks.
- Anticipate high-volume business throughout shift.
- Participate in daily pre and post shift meetings with the Shift Leads, Team Leads and/or Food & Beverage Director.
- Accommodating to any guests needs or requests in a timely fashion.
- Always follow proper food and safety standards.
- Consistently follow the guidelines and steps of the services cycle as outlined in the brand standards.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate professionally to staff and guests. Respond and engage with customer suggestions, complaints and recognition.
- Adhere to all policies, rules, regulations in both food service and alcohol management.
- Create and maintain a productive, safe work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One year or more of work experience in the restaurant industry.
- Must be 21 years of age or older – Required.
- Professionalism and strong guest service skills, attention to detail and timeliness.
- Flexible schedule required during peak times throughout the year. Must be willing to work evenings, holidays and weekends – Required.
- POS (IG) proficiency.
- Possess strong liquor and beer knowledge – Preferred.
- Certified Slip Resistant shoes are required prior to starting work. Shoes must be provided by the employee – Required.
- Demonstrates communication with staff and guests; shows capability of teamwork amongst the other staff.
- Must have Food Handlers Certification for Wisconsin and have bartender license for City of Randall – Required.
- Must demonstrate ability to receive and give direction and act upon it.
Help create history at Wilmot Mountain as Vail Resorts bridges 75 years of skiing tradition with new state-of-the-art lifts, snowmaking, renovated lodges, and terrain parks, all while honoring the important legacy of the ski area. Be a part of the tremendous Wilmot Mountain brand recognized widely among Chicago and Milwaukee skiers and snowboarders, and also part of the Vail Resorts’ family that’s passionate about providing world-class experiences at every property. Wilmot Mountain truly is where Epic begins for skiers of all levels and can be where your epic career begins, too.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.