Carryout Attendant- Bob Evans Restaurants
You’ve shared a table with us…NOW LET US SHARE A REWARDING CAREER WITH YOU!
When you join Bob Evans Restaurants, you’re joining a trustworthy and socially responsible organization that recognizes people are our greatest asset. And in our restaurants, you’ll have an opportunity to grow with the BEST. Join us as we revolutionize what should be the happiest time of day – mealtime!
Statement of Purpose
This position is responsible for coordinating entire carry out station and communicating with front-and back-of-the-house personnel to provide an exceptional dining experience to our carry out guests. Welcomes guests to the restaurant, takes phone orders, helps guests find menu choices using situational selling techniques, ensures accuracy of all orders, anticipates and responds to guest needs in a prompt and friendly manner, and invites them back again.
1. Greet walk-in carry out guests; utilize menu knowledge and situational selling techniques including building bakery sales.
2. Package food and beverage orders, condiments and appropriate items promptly and accurately. Ensure items are prepared properly and on a timely basis, following the standards set by the restaurant.
3. Communicate professionally with guests to determine their needs and help them with the menu selections.
4. Wear a headset to communicate with managers and teammates to help expedite the guest experience.
5. Handle cash and credit transactions; accurately account for all receivables including cash, credit cards, coupons and gift cards.
6. Practice safe food and beverage handling and clean up at all times.
7. Safely handle food prep equipment such as beverage machines, salad cases, etc.
8. Handle guest complaints with tact and professionalism, turning dissatisfied guests into raving fans.
9. Answer phone calls using company script per meal period in a fast and friendly manner.
10. Accurately input carry out orders into the computer system.
11. All other duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills and experience
- Ability to identify and resolve issues as they arise
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Proficient computer skills
- 0-2 years related experience
- Strong knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in a restaurant
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
Bob Evans participates in E-Verify
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be regularly met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This list is not intended to contain a comprehensive listing of activities and the employer reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee will regularly be required to:
- Stand for entire shift and walk for long periods of time without rest or sitting down.
- Push, lift, carry and transfer up to 30 pounds.
- Reach with hands.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Bend and stoop.
- Have the ability to taste and smell.
- Verbally communicate with others.
- Have the ability to read and write clearly.
- Use close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Have ability to freely access all areas of restaurant including selling floor(s), stock area, and register area.
Bob Evans Restaurants is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status.