Cheese Specialist I
POSITION TITLE: Cheese Specialist DEPARTMENT: Retail
LOCATION: Varies REPORTS TO: Store Manager
Albertsons Safeway is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that includes: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw’s, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A CHEESE SPECIALIST
As a Cheese Specialist, you are friendly and outgoing with a love for cheese, wine and food. To truly be successful in the position, the individual needs to be thoughtful and passionate about his or her work with a natural ability to sell. In this role you are the face of the Company and have a knack for working with the public. The possibilities are endless and this is your opportunity to explore the world of cheese.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS**
• Provide high-quality customer service in accordance with our Company’s customer service standards and policies and procedures.
• Receive and work cheese load.
• Refill, set and merchandise cheese products, including placing price tags properly and accurately.
• Comply with established weights and measures, health and sanitation, and safety policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Place cheese orders.
• Cut and wrap certain cheese.
• Encourage customers to sample products and suggest products complimentary to cheese products
• Handle special customer requests.
• Manage S&P reports and short shelf cheese.
• Adhere to uniform and grooming policy as defined within company policy.
The following describes the general qualifications and physical, sensory and mental abilities normally associated with performing the essential job functions of this position:**
• Creative merchandising skills
• Maintain high standards of safety within department and store
• Excellent customer service skills with the natural ability to sell
• Ability to understand and follow instructions, and ability to read, retain and comprehend guidelines, policies and procedures applicable to the position
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently as well as within a large team
• Self-motivated and driven to increase knowledge of Albertsons Safeway products and share that knowledge with our customers
• Ability to provide regular and predictable attendance. (Employees may be scheduled to work early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays, and schedules may vary on a weekly basis)
• Ability to comply with workplace conduct standards
The following attempts to communicate the traditional physical demands associated with this position:**
Seldom: 1-2 hours, Occasional: 3-4 hours, Frequent: 5-6 hours, Continuous: 7+ hours (Based on an 8 hour work day.)
• Squat/Kneel: Seldom
• Bend/Stoop: Seldom
• Lift/Carry: Frequent/carry 5-30 lbs.
• Push/Pull: Frequent, push/pull 10-15 lbs.
• Grip/Grasp: Frequent
• Reach: Frequent
• Twist/Turn: Frequent
• Stand/Walk: Continuous
Job duties and responsibilities may vary by location and employees may be assigned duties and responsibilities in addition to those listed above.
** The Company is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to compliance with its obligations under all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination. In keeping with this commitment, it attempts to reasonably accommodate applicants and employees in accordance with the requirements of the disability discrimination laws. It also invites individuals with disabilities to participate in a good faith, interactive process to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made without imposing an undue hardship.
ALBERTSONS SAFEWAY AND WHY YOU WANT TO JOIN US
Albertsons Safeway has always been a people-oriented business, and thoughtful people practices remain a core element of our company’s philosophy. As friendly, enthusiastic individuals who enjoy offering customers an exceptional shopping experience, we provide world-class customer service each and every day.
We provide a variety of benefits including:
• Great pay
• Flexible schedule
• Opportunities for career development
• Health and welfare benefits for eligible employees
• Leisure time activity discounts
ALBERSTONS SAFEWAY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER