Founded in 1974, Quaker Steak & Lube® is a family friendly restaurant with a motor-themed atmosphere. Commonly referred to as "The Lube®," the restaurant features a unique blend of great service, award-winning food, supercharged events and eye-popping décor. Today, with over 30 locations, The Lube® serves over 70 million wings annually, sells its bottled sauces around the world, has won the title of "Best Wings USA," and has over 100 local, national and international awards for its wings and over 21 signature wing sauces.
The Host/Hostess is responsible for the receiving and seating of guests and performing a variety of other tasks within a restaurant establishment which may include ringing up orders, refilling beverages, setting tables, and cleaning eating/serving areas; performing all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management.
- Maintains consistent attention to the entrance of the restaurant and welcomes all guests with a smile and appropriate greeting following HMSHost customer service standards
- Records customer reservations or seating times in a consistent manner providing the highest quality of service to the customer at all times
- Set tables with appropriate silverware, glass and china; maintain neat and clean work station during service
- Seats guests and presents the menu and any specials seats according to company standards
- Oversees the delivery and servicing of food and beverages
- Communicates with the wait staff and other restaurant personnel to ensure the guests' experience meets concept/company standards
- Performs the tasks of the cashier and/or bus person as required including cashing out guests checks to speed up service
- Understands and follows HMSHost cash handling policies and procedures and maintain proper security of cash at all times
- Patrol assigned station, refilling water and coffee, removing service items and condiments per establishment procedures
- Perform other duties in a team effort during downtime which may include rolling silverware, expediting food orders, washing dishes, preparing food for the To-go areas and properly cleaning and filling table condiments (salt & pepper, sugar, napkins, ketchup and mustard bottles)
- Customer service and cash handling experience preferred
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
- Ability to bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers