Primarily responsible for the supervision of the banquet staff and coordinates all food and beverage services within the banquet department. Train the banquet team and also oversees the enforcement of hotel standards on setting up the banquet hall, up keeping, service, break away, event courses, cleaning, staff grooming and hygiene
Essential Job Functions:
- Meet and greet guests in a friendly and warm manner.
- Coordinates with the event host on all aspects of the banquet function.
- Performs planning and organization functions for the banqueting department like maintaining the banquet logbook, maintaining and updating function sheets / BEO etc.
- Checks banquet rooms, service, and kitchen areas for cleanliness, proper set up, and make sure sufficient supplies and equipment are available for the function.
- Oversee all aspects of assigned banquet function activities, ensuring that food counters are properly set and ready for execution at the appointed time.
- Ability to respond quickly and accurately to guest requests.
- Plan the event course and orchestrates its completion in a timely, quiet and courteous manner.
- Observe guests to fulfill any additional requests, to perceive when next course should begin or when meal is completed.
- Adhering to all banquet standard process and also hotel standard policies and procedures.
- Supervises and trains staff in the set up and break down of assigned banquet rooms according to contract and managers instructions.
- Supervises and trains staff in the service of food and beverages according to standards.
- Discuss any last-minute changes with the banquet team.
- Ensure all guest requirements are set and ready 30 minutes before event start time (for Buffets cold food out 30 min prior hot food out 15 minutes prior).
- Coordinates function details with banquet, conference planning and kitchen staff.
- Maintain constant contact with the banquet chef to ensure conclusion between food production and food service.
- Monitor banquet personnel in the performance of their duties.
- Assist in conducting pre-shift and pre-function meetings.
- Actively participates in set up of banquet rooms and service of food and beverage to guests.
- Communicates frequently with fellow supervisors and banquet managers as to the progress of the day’s work.
- Communicates frequently with function hosts in order to ensure that their needs are being met.
- Ensures all guest checks are billed and signed by the host according to planned arrangements.
- Ensures accurate daily sales reconciliation and postings are completed and provided to the Front office.
- Display awareness and compliance with hotels security, safety, emergency and energy procedures.
- Ensure high grooming and hygiene standards are met by all banquet staff.
- Monitors the profitability of functions to minimize waste and broken or lost supplies.
- Assists the Banquet Manager to establish maintenance, repair, and cleaning schedules for all banquet equipment and facilities.
- Guide, direct, and motivate banquet staff, provide guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Flexibility to work various schedules as business demands including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old
- Lead by example: Team Up, Own It and Passionately Serve!
- Create and foster a TOP Culture within your department.
- Give Shout Outs to your Team Members that Team Up, Own It or Passionately Serve.
- Teach, mentor, and direct your team to exemplify the TOP Culture.
- Recruit and hire team members who embody our TOP Culture.
- Assure that you develop your team by sending them to TOP training.
- Prepare your associates to take on more responsibility and recommend TOP associates for promotion.
- Demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm at all time.
- Being comfortable with the high level of visibility and the TOP leadership role within the company.
Education & Experience:
- Must be over the age of 21
- High school diploma or GED certification required.
- Extensive experience in a restaurant or bar.
- Knowledge and understanding of ABC laws.
- 1-2 years of hotel experience preferred.
- Cash handling knowledge required.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and possess basic mathematical skills.
- Reading, Writing & Basic Math
- Computer skills
- Brand systems
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee will be required to:
- Stand or walk for long periods of time including for an entire work shift (8+ hours).
- Lift, carry, push or pull up to 20 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds on occasion.
- Reach overhead and below the knee including bending, twisting, pulling and stooping.
- Exposure to harmful chemicals, odors and potentially infectious materials.
- Work in hot or cold environments (the kitchen/walk in freezer).
- Occasionally carry, lift or move objects weighing up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly, both oral and written in English.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations including the ability to handle guest complaints and disputes while resolving them even if the situation did not begin with them.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure. Must be respectful and maintain a calm demeanor.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
- Must be able to work with a myriad of personalities and levels within the hotel and outside sources.
This job description is a general representation of the duties and responsibilities commonly found for this type of position.