Macy's Seasonal Asset Protection / Loss Prevention Security Guard, Part Time: Northshore Mall
The Seasonal Asset Protection Security Guards primary responsibility is to work as part of a team and maintain a strong focus on customer service to meet department and store objectives for deterring theft and ensuring a safe business environment. This position involves long periods of standing. In most instances the Seasonal Asset Protection Security guard will stand at a customer and/or employee entrance/exit door(s) for long periods of time and/or walk through high shortage departments to deter theft and provide customer service.
- Deter theft by offering customer service
- Remained stationed at a fixed post, i.e entrance/exit doors, for long periods of time for extended periods of time to provide a strong visible presence
- Communicate with the Asset Protection Department
- Respond to customer and associate incidents to facilitate first aid and minimize company liability
- Assist Detectives with the Recovery of stolen merchandise
- Successfully complete all Asset Protection training requirements and maintain personal certifications as required by law
- Works on special assignments, investigations, and surveillance as directed by Store Asset Protection Manager
- Perform other duties as needed
- Follows shortage programs and procedures
- Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Some college is desirable.
- Completion of Store Agent Training program required upon assignment to position.
- Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- This position involves long periods of standing and remaining stationary.
- It also involves regular walking, hearing, and talking.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to think and act clearly in possible stressful and hostile situations.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which will include early morning, day, late evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
- You must be available to work Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, Saturday after Thanksgiving and the entire week before Christmas and the entire week of Christmas.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macys, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's, the largest retail brand of Macy's, Inc. (NYSE:M), delivers fashion and affordable luxury to customers at approximately 670 locations in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Guam, as well as to customers in the U.S. and more than 100 international destinations through its leading online store at macys.com. Via its stores, e-commerce site, mobile and social platforms, Macy's offers distinctive assortments including exclusive and fashion brands. Our flagship stores -- including Herald Square in New York City, Union Square in San Francisco, State Street in Chicago, Dadeland in Miami and South Coast Plaza in Southern California -- are known internationally as leading destinations for visitors. Building on a more than 150-year tradition, we help strengthen communities by supporting local and national charities giving more than $69 million each year to help make a difference in the lives of our customers.
*Macy's, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy's, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9. Learn more about your rights under the Philadelphia Fair Chance Hiring Law.