Intermediate Maintenance Tech - Year Round/Full Time - Keystone, CO
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
To function within the Keystone Valley Maintenance Department. Ability to make competent decisions while thinking of the customers and resorts interest at all times. Using skill-based knowledge to perform assigned tasks in a professional manner at all times with a constant focus on efficiency, productivity and quality of work. This position deals with many different departments and areas of the resort, therefore people skills are essential and communication is needed assets. The ability to plan ahead for task, good administration skills, and completing all tasks on time is required.
- Assure that the integrity of the resort lodging assets is maintained.
- Worked for more than six months as entry building maintenance crew.
- Assure all work conforms to all applicable state and local codes.
- Follow the established automated preventative maintenance programs (Hotsos or other system).
- Order and maintain required parts for stock for critical equipment in conjunction with chief engineer.
- Follow all safety procedures and alert supervisor to any unsafe conditions that may exist.
- Work with other departments and managers as required.
- Utilize the automated Work Order system (WO) for all work performs.
- Possess your own basic hand tools and keeps them in a safe functional manner at all times.
- Keep required paperwork and job logs updated daily manual or automatic.
- Maintain a valid Colorado Driver License.
- Have a good knowledge of general hotel maintenance and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure building and grounds are in excellent condition.
- Abide by all safety rules and regulations from corporate, State and Federal.
- Attend training classes for job specific skills.
- Maintain good attitude and people skills even during high-pressure situations, be a good leader.
- Arrive to work and meetings as schedule and on time.
- Complete daily summer preventative maintenance and repairs; including carpentry, painting, mowing, weed whacking, and ladder work.
- Complete daily winter maintenance; including snow removal, upkeep of base area, and trash removal.
- Maintain supplies and equipment; letting supervisor know of needs.
- Perform light repairs on equipment, including changing belts, lubrication, sharpening blades, and safety checks.
We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and boundless options for adventure and exploration, you can join a community who loves where they live and loves what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home; a place where friendliness, an eye for detail and unmatched guest service is the foundation of our Culture. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 142939