Are you ready for a challenging position that will expose you to new roles in security? Now is your opportunity to join our world-class security team at a premier client site with immediate full-time openings across all shifts. We are looking for team members who want to grow as professionals and develop their safety and security skills.
At Whelan Security, we are passionate about our employees. We believe in providing the best talent available within the industry and fostering an atmosphere where our people feel inspired, encouraged, and rewarded. We recognize that our employees are our greatest asset the cornerstone of our past success and future growth.
All Whelan employees are selectively recruited, rigorously screened, and professionally trained to perform above and beyond industry standards; and we are committed to creating an environment in which our employees can thrive, succeed, and enhance their careers.
At Whelan, we work hard, provide outstanding customer service, live up to our core values, and have fun in the process!
Our security positions are ideal for:
- Former, transitioning and military reserve personnel
- Former and future law enforcement officers
- Hospitality and customer service professionals
- College students
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess valid state drivers license
- Must be fluent in English both speaking and written
- At least 18 years of age or older as required by applicable law or contractual requirements
- Demonstrate a stable work history
- Pass an extensive background screening which includes, but is not limited to, criminal background checks (local, state and federal), drug test, aptitude tests, skills assessment, interviews, and personality profile (behavioral assessment)
- Ability to answer phone in clear voice
- Ability to communicate to employees, customers, and suppliers clearly and effectively
- Practice normal hygiene and personal cleanliness; be neat in dress and appearance (to normal business standards
- Ability to distinguish between emergency and non-emergency calls by following prescribed policy
- Ability to document accurate information for follow-up including name, phone number, address and product information
- Ability to operate computer equipment related to access control, cameras and video equipment, visitor management, and general Microsoft applications as defined by client
- Ability to physically respond to emergencies by running, lifting and swift physical maneuvers
- Must possess strong customer service skills
- Must be able to perform under pressure while maintaining composure
- Must be able to understand complex job instructions
- Must be able to discern, observe and report circumstances that are safety/security related
- Must be able to obtain required security license where applicable
Candidates must meet the following educational requirements:
- Possess at least a high school education or equivalent (GED)
If you have an interest in joining a leader in the contract security industry and would like to work at one or more of our outstanding client locations in the Kansas City area APPLY NOW!
Click Apply to begin the application process immediately; or if you wish to expedite your application, we encourage you to visit our local branch office located at 6700 Antioch Rd, Ste 140, Merriam, KS 66204 to apply in person. For more information, you can also call us at 816-561-8828.
At Whelan, we value people and we value relationships.
Extraordinary people work at Whelan are you one?
Kansas City, KS 66101
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old