Company SummaryFirst American Title Insurance Company, the largest subsidiary of First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF), traces its history to 1889. One of the largest title insurers in the nation, the company offers title services through its direct operations and an extensive network of agents throughout the United States and abroad. First American Title provides comprehensive title insurance coverage and professional services for purchases, construction, refinances, or equity loans. The company’s thorough searches, title clearance, and insurance help to produce clear property titles and enable the efficient transfer of real estate. First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. For more information, visit www.firstam.com
Come work for Fortune 100’s Top Places to Work in 2016! We Look for People First!
Do you love interacting with people and seeing them accomplish their American Dream in a team environment?
You will be responsible for establishing new escrow accounts and process escrow documents in accordance with established policies and procedures. You will complete real estate escrow transactions by assessing and resolving requirements; clearing titles; preparing, and reviewing closing documents and disbursing funds all to lender specifications.
You may also assist in obtaining clear title by ordering title reports; resolving title defects; satisfying existing liens and encumbrances against property or principals along with the following:
• Prepares transaction documents by completing forms and statements; collecting and reviewing existing documents; explaining provisions and procedures; answering questions; checking documents for completeness and accuracy; obtaining signatures.
• Completes calculations by prorating taxes and interest and closing by recording and filing documents.
• Follows regulatory requirements by adhering, and enforcing adherence, to requirements.
We are looking for people who can improve organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring chances to create valuable contributions to job accomplishments. You should have a passion maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
A successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 3-5 years’ industry experience
• 4+ years of supervisory experience
• Proficient computer skills
• Specialized knowledge in one or more escrow product areas
• Basic accounting/finance skills to be able to understand and interpret financial statements
• Strong supervisory and administrative skills
• Customer Service orientation - responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
• Detail orientation; organized
• Problem solving skills
• Planning, analytical and negotiation skills
• Must be able to establish credibility and be decisive, coupled with the ability to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities
• Teamwork: balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives
• Written Communication - writes clearly and informatively; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information
• Interpersonal: focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
• Verbal Communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings