Seasonal Retail Commission Jewelry Sales, Part Time: Makalapua Center
The Seasonal Jewelry Sales associate is responsible for providing outstanding customer service in the Jewelry & Watch Complex. This includes meeting hourly sales and Star Rewards goals on a personal and departmental basis, demonstrating superior product knowledge to customers, building a clientele using the clientele system, offering the customer our extended service plan and creating a shopping experience that will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable.
The Seasonal Jewelry Sales associate will participate in ongoing training via the IPAD as well as attend vendor and trainer facilitated trainings. Additionally, all Jewelry Sales associates participate in all aspects of ensuring the department is operating efficiently including but not limited to processing goods, merchandising, taking price changes, setting and signing sales, doing RTVs, BOPS & Fulfillment.
In order to present our customers with the best holiday shopping experience, many of our Seasonal Jewelry Sales Associates arrive prior to store opening and remain after closing to ensure we are ready to make Macy's magic. Seasonal associates will have the opportunity to work a flexible schedule on a temporary basis, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and busy events such as the day after Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas. And don't forget - just in time for holiday shopping, you will receive an employee discount of up to 20% starting your first day!
- Be proficient in use of all POS and MPOS systems including Search and Send, My Client and More@ Macys tablet app
- Be proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether Macys devices or their own
- Assist customers in all aspects of service, and qualify customer needs, figure out what's right for them by using steps of MAGIC & High Touch Selling
- Offer to put purchase on customers Macys charge account
- Suggest additional merchandise to compliment customer selection
- Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm that demonstrates Macys commitment to our customer
- Participate in pre-selling and sales driving events including trunk shows to maximize sales
- Stay informed on current promotional events and sales
- Offer and promote benefits of extended service plan to all customers purchasing Fine Jewelry & Watches
- Use clientele program to maintain customer profile and contact information to increase personal sales and build solid customer base
- Perform all aspects of fulfillment process; including, but not limited to: picking, packing, labeling, shipping and BOPS
- Offer to call other locations if merchandise is unavailable within store or offer Search & Send
- Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related to Jewelry (POS procedures, IPad, Ops, AP)
- Ensure proper processing, presentation, organization, storing, and replenishment of stock. Maintain Recovery & Fill in Standards
- Perform other duties as assigned, including but not limited to watch sizing, ear piercing
- Adhere to asset protection programs and procedures to ensure audit compliance
- Perform functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the supervisor
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous selling experience is required, preferably in fine jewelry.
- Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, and standing. Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to build relationships and influence others.
- Must possess a thirst for knowledge.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macys, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's, the largest retail brand of Macy's, Inc. (NYSE:M), delivers fashion and affordable luxury to customers at approximately 670 locations in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Guam, as well as to customers in the U.S. and more than 100 international destinations through its leading online store at macys.com. Via its stores, e-commerce site, mobile and social platforms, Macy's offers distinctive assortments including exclusive and fashion brands. Our flagship stores -- including Herald Square in New York City, Union Square in San Francisco, State Street in Chicago, Dadeland in Miami and South Coast Plaza in Southern California -- are known internationally as leading destinations for visitors. Building on a more than 150-year tradition, we help strengthen communities by supporting local and national charities giving more than $69 million each year to help make a difference in the lives of our customers.
*Macy's, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy's, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9. Learn more about your rights under the Philadelphia Fair Chance Hiring Law.
Browse similar jobs
- Computer Jobs
- Communication Jobs
- Business Development Jobs
- Earn Commission Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs
- Flexible Hours Jobs
- High School Diploma Jobs
- Multitasking Jobs
- Math Jobs
- Sales Jobs
- Shipping Jobs
- Quality Assurance Jobs
- Training Jobs
- Seasonal Jobs
- Stock Jobs
- Warehouse Jobs
- Writing Jobs
- Weekend Jobs
- Work Nights Jobs
- Retail Jobs