General Manager - Urgently Hiring!
ROLE DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
General Manager: As Restaurant General Manager, you will be responsible for the hands on day-to-day activities of the restaurant, implementing initiatives, achieving or exceeding finance plans and all banking and administrative responsibilities. Duties of this position will include, all hiring aspects, scheduling, the management, training and development of the staff, performance reviews, product quality, customer service and ensuring the facility and equipment are in good working condition. A qualified applicant will possess a high school diploma or a GED, have knowledge of P & L statements, POS systems, good communication and leadership skills, the ability to lift 50 pounds, have a valid driver's license with access to an automotive vehicle including proof of insurance and a phone. You must have a minimum of 2 years restaurant supervisory experience, an Associates Degree or 3 years supervisory experience.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Ensure all employees are trained.
- Recruiting, interviewing and hiring all hourly staff. Maintain appropriate staffing and administer all paperwork on time.
- Analyze profit and loss statements. Meet established sales plan for location.
- Maintain and record inventory accurately.
- Prepare weekly schedules for staffing; notifying Market Leader of vacation, sick, LOA, payroll, etc.
- Complete performance reviews. Manage, train and develop staff. Write performance counseling and disciplines.
- Understand, enforce, and adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Maintain all company operations standards and compliances. Submit all invoices within period of service.
- Ensure a clean facility at all times. Enforce appropriate dress and uniforms of all team members.
- Deliver consistent, high quality products daily, for every shift, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Notify Market Leader immediately of any facility need. Ensure all equipment is in good working condition.
- Be responsible for any other duties the Market Leader assigns.
- Must be able and may be required to perform all employees roles or jobs
KNOWLEDGE OF SKILLS AND ABILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Knowledge of profit and loss statements.
- Some knowledge of current training systems and POE systems
- Knowledge of preparing employee evaluations and employee disciplines.
- Knowledge of implementing policies and procedures.
- Some knowledge of financial management.
- Some knowledge of recruiting, interviewing, and selecting hourly employees.
- Skilled in developing employees by coaching, counseling, and building strong work habits.
- Skilled in dealing with people and improving customer satisfaction
- Ability to plan and organize the activities of others
- Ability to supervise others
- Ability to communicate with others by using all available resources (e.g. telephones, written correspondence, face-to-face)
- Ability to manage conflict resolution in an unbiased fashion.
- Ability to create and provide a positive workplace.
- Ability to move and lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
- Must have own vehicle (automobile or truck).
- Must have a valid driver's license of proof of insurance.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 48 hours per week.
- Must be available to work a flexible shift schedule including weekends.
- Must have a telephone or access to a telephone at all times
- Must have at least a high school diploma/GED
- Must have 2 years of supervisory experience in the restaurant industry, an AA degree, or 3 years supervisory in a non-restaurant setting.
- Successfully complete all training and make a passing score on all applicable tests.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS (minimum qualifications needed to perform the Essential Job Functions.):
- Lifting Requirement- Medium:
- Lifting and carrying 25 to 50 pounds occasionally, and 20 pounds or less frequently.
A GM MUST BE ABLE TO:
- Continuously stand and walk on hard floors to/from the kitchen area, stock room, food preparation area and front lines to oversee team member activities for the duration of a full shift (8 hours)
- Occasionally lift and slack food and supply items from various heights to/from shelving, freezers, coolers, stock rooms, etc. Carry Items to/from the service area: occasionally lift and carry trash bags out of trashcans and into outside dumpster.
- Occasionally climb a footstool or ladder to reach items located on stock shelves, in coolers, freezers, stock rooms, etc.,
- Continuously communicate with customers, management, and team members,
- Continuously listen to the needs and comments from the managers, team members, and customers.
- Continuously see in order to be aware of surroundings and actions of the supervised staff, customers, and others in proximity of the restaurant.