Facilities Technician (Howard/Baltimore County, MD)
The Technician 20 is responsible completing repairs and maintenance at assigned stores and identifies further recommended actions.
- Perform specific store repairs, installation, replacement, and maintenance tasks as assigned through the Asset Management System such as (but not limited to) carpentry, minor plumbing, interior and exterior painting, dry wall, tiling, light bulbs, counter tops and cabinets. Ensure repairs are completed within a time specified by priority codes for approximately 10 to 15 primary assigned stores, but not limited to, when special business needs dictate.
- Visit all stores in their assigned areas on a scheduled basis to keep the assigned equipment clean and in good operating condition. This includes beverage equipment monthly and semiannual HVAC and refrigeration PMs. Plan daily routes that are efficient and cost effective.
- Prepare and coordinate store for remodel, openings, and project work as specified by the Lead Technician. Support Public Relations' during opening celebrations.
- Maintain the integrity of the asset tagging system including tag audits, transferring assets and setting up assets in new and remodeled stores.
- Maintain and report all necessary paperwork and electronic communication as determined by the Lead Technician Supervisor in a prompt, orderly and timely manner, which includes invoicing and payroll documents.
- Notify the Lead Technician when company standards are not being met by internal or external service providers. Performs other duties requested by Lead Technician when the business need dictates it.
- Ability to work well individually as well as in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must maintain a valid driver's license and car insurance
- Must be able to work independently, with little or no supervision
- Ability to occasionally lift/push/pull/carry up to 72 lbs
- Ability to frequently lift/push/pull/carry up to 40 lbs
- Ability to climb and perform various functions on a ladder at a height of approximately 30 feet
- Must be able to perform the following physical actions repetitively and for long periods of time: standing, crouching, bending, reaching above the shoulders, reaching below the waist, reaching horizontally, squatting, climbing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, and grasping firmly
- Requires extensive travel, 5 days per week and may include evening and weekend hours
- Ability to successfully complete the Technician 10 skills test
- Obtain training certifications as required
- High School diploma or GED, preferred
- 3+ years of experience as a General Craftsman