Macy's Seasonal Receiving, Part Time - Early Mornings: Fair Oaks II
The Seasonal Receiving Associate is responsible for providing a great shopping experience, and driving sales and profit through customer service and accurate processing of merchandise entering and leaving the building. Duties include receiving activities, packing and shipping, reverse logistics, sustainability and other duties as needed.
Seasonal Receiving Associate shifts start when the location receives their truck:
- Early Mornings - Shift starts between 4 am and 6 am
- Mid Mornings - Shift starts between 7 am and 10 am
- Afternoons - Shift starts between 11 am and 2 pm
- Mid Afternoons - Shift starts between 3 pm and 5 pm
- Evenings - Shift starts between 6 pm and 9 pm
- Late Evenings - Shift starts between 10 pm and midnight
- Provide an exceptional customer shopping experience by ensuring both the in store and online customer are always the #1 priority
- Service the customer in a helpful and friendly manner
- Collaborate with Managers, Leads and Associates throughout the store to deliver a clean, neat and easy-to-shop store environment; maintain sales floor and fitting room recovery standards to include checking fitting room stalls, sorting merchandise and ensuring merchandise is worked back to sales floor immediately as time permits
- Support Omni Channel initiatives
- Perform all functions in an efficient manner; flex between tasks as directed by Supervisor
- Participate in the physical inventory process and ensure that shortage prevention initiatives are executed
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Collaborate with peers to coordinate merchandise movement needs with other tasks (floor moves, seasonal sets, fixture needs, etc.)
- Execute receiving, merchandise processing, packing/shipping and reverse logistics tasks timely and accurately to include processing inbound merchandise to floor ready standards by removing packaging and placing sensors per MMPS standards; delivery of processed merchandise to appropriate sales floor drop zones, first quality packing standards and processing of fulfillment orders and reverse logistics (damages, transfers, RTVs), accurate outbound trailer execution; collection and sorting of hangers, sensor tags, trash and recycling throughout the store; organization, maintenance and replenishment of supply areas including sales floor, building lamping, and customer carryout and special delivery as needed
- Assist in other tasks as needed (pricing, signing, merchandising, replenishment, fulfillment, RFID, stockroom maintenance)
- No specific educational accomplishments are necessary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- This position involves constant moving and standing. Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs. May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. May involve reaching above eye level. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macys Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's, the largest retail brand of Macy's, Inc. (NYSE:M), delivers fashion and affordable luxury to customers at approximately 670 locations in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Guam, as well as to customers in the U.S. and more than 100 international destinations through its leading online store at macys.com. Via its stores, e-commerce site, mobile and social platforms, Macy's offers distinctive assortments including exclusive and fashion brands. Our flagship stores -- including Herald Square in New York City, Union Square in San Francisco, State Street in Chicago, Dadeland in Miami and South Coast Plaza in Southern California -- are known internationally as leading destinations for visitors. Building on a more than 150-year tradition, we help strengthen communities by supporting local and national charities giving more than $69 million each year to help make a difference in the lives of our customers.
*Macy's, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy's, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9. Learn more about your rights under the Philadelphia Fair Chance Hiring Law.