CAREGiver ? Guaranteed Hours
Home Instead Senior Care CAREGivers provide a variety of non-medical services that allow seniors to remain in their homes. These services are meant to enhance the quality of life for seniors. Home Instead Senior Care CAREGivers help clients and their families meet the challenges of aging with dignity, pride, care and compassion.
The CAREGiver “Guaranteed Hours” position has a Guaranteed Hours Commitment per Week that is based on a specific Availability Window selected and documented on the Guaranteed Hours CAREGiver Availability & Commitment form. The position may be matched with specific clients and/or used as fill in. Work assigned during the Availability Window cannot be refused unless the Guaranteed Hours Commitment has been exceeded for that week.
- Reflect the core values of Seeking Independence, Inc., (d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead Senior Care franchise).
- Contribute to a positive living environment to enhance a client’s quality of life
- Document daily activities and report any significant changes in a client’s needs or living conditions
- Maintain regular communication with supervisor and office staff
- Provide Companionship & Home Helper services which could include:
- Companionship and conversation
- Providing stabilization and assistance with walking
- Preparing meals and cleaning up meal-related items
- Providing medication reminders and appointment reminders
- Performing light housekeeping tasks (dusting, vacuuming, making beds, changing linens, cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, etc.)
- Washing and ironing laundry
- Running errands
- Accompanying clients to appointments
- Provide Personal Care services which could include:
- Assisting with bathing
- Assisting with grooming
- Assisting with toileting and incontinence issues
- Provide Specialized services which could include:
- Advanced Alzheimer’s/Dementia Care
- Hospice Care
- Participate in company sponsored training and social events including CAREGiver meetings
- Report hours according to office policy & communicate changes in availability in a timely manner
- Participate in bi-annual J.D. Power and Associates Satisfaction Survey
- Document client information in Client and Life Journal
- May require you to run errands and provide incidental transportation for a client using your vehicle or a client’s vehicle.
- Perform other reasonable duties as assigned
- Must be available, ready and willing to work during the Availability Window as defined by the Guaranteed Hours CAREGiver Availability and Commitment form.
- Must be available to report for work with no more than 1 hour notice during your Availability Window.
- Must answer office staff telephone calls or return a voice mail or text message within 1 hours between 8:00am and 10:00pm, outside your Availability Window.
- Must answer office staff telephone calls or return a voice mail or text message within 15 minutes inside you Availability Window.
- Must not refuse any work assignments during the Availability Window as defined by the Guaranteed Hours CAREGiver Availability & Commitment form.
- Must be able to work all work assignments scheduled during your Availability Window as long as they do not exceed your Guaranteed Hours Commitment per Week as defined by the Guaranteed Hours CAREGiver Availability & Commitment form.
- Failure to comply with the Guaranteed Hours CAREGiver Availability & Commitment form will result in loss of Guaranteed wages and termination.
- Must be able to work anywhere within Seeking Independence, Inc. territory area.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must have 1 year professional caregiver experience or educational equivalent
- Must be bondable
- Background check must show you can provide safe, responsible and courteous care to seniors.
- DMV record must show you are a safe, responsible and courteous driver.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen.
- Able to provide 6 positive character reference
- Background must meet Ohio Administrative Code standards for working with elderly
- Have and maintain reliable transportation suitable for transporting clients
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Possess and maintain valid auto insurance
- Ability to withstand exposure to dust, mold, mildew and cleaning solutions
- Ability to treat and care for clients and their property with dignity and respect
- Ability to adapt to various living environments and locations
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and congenial manner
- Heart rate can not exceed 85% age adjusted rate
- Must have standing balance
- Ability to lift 12 inches to waist a minimum 50 pounds
- Ability to push / pull 25 pounds
- Ability to lift waist to chest 25 pounds
- Climb up/down stairs
- Ability to bend, squat, twist, stoop, kneel and stand
- Ability to reach above head
- Ability to complete patient transfer from wheelchair to bed simulation
Compensation:$9.25 -$12.25 Per Hour Based on the CAREGiver Wage Grid
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.