- Siemens Corporation
- Job Title
- Portfolio Manager - Operation and Maintenance Digital Buildings - Building Technologies - Austin, TX
- Job Type
- Full-time, Part-time
- Est. Wages
- $13.66 to $20.13 per hour (Snag Est. )
- Austin, TX 78719
- Last Active
- +30 days
Portfolio Manager - Operation and Maintenance Digital Buildings - Building Technologies - Austin, TXPosition Overview
We are looking for an enthusiastic, performance-driven self starter, and team player to map our digitalization portfolio offerings of today and the future to create a perfect place to heal, to learn, to work, to succeed. Buildings are seen simply as a place to conduct business and house assets but they have the potential to be much more by using that data that can be generated through the ongoing operation of a building. By using data, you will help transform our customer's buildings into buildings that contribute to bottom line and support their organization in reaching their goals. Imagine a building that contributes to the organization's mission. You will help define product backlog, develop and rollout offerings to the field for Energy, Comfort, Mechanical, Electrical, Fire and Security. You will work with our SME's, sales & operations organization and customers to derive new ways to develop and leverage our portfolio to utilize technology to optimize building performance and maintenance. You will constantly analyze our product portfolio based on your experience with our SME's, sales & operations organization and customers to derive future requirements. You will structure requirements and work with the Product Portfolio Manager to bring new requirements into the overall backlog and roadmap. You will build an eco system of partners to ensure complete solutions and offerings to fit customers' needs. You will be responsible for the backlog and roadmap related to digitalizing the operation and maintenance of buildings.
Develops the Operation and Maintenance Digitalization Portfolio long term roadmap jointly with the Digitalization Product Portfolio Manager and cross-functional stakeholders.
In this context, the demands of the market and technology as well as the profitability objectives are taken into consideration during the decision-making process. In addition, business prospects and business risks are balanced over time.
* Assessment of present and future market, customer, competitor and technology environment
* Creation of digital service strategy for all BT businesses, to transform how customers operate their buildings and how services are delivered
* Preparation and updating of the buildings operation and maintenance, demand & supply portfolio
* Endorsement of portfolio and market strategies
* Creation and maintenance of portfolio roadmap and backlog aligned with Product Portfolio Manager and Digitalization Portfolio Director
* Capture the market's under met or underserved needs, filter the ideas based on business viability, business feasibility and potential, scale-ability, company strategy
* Ensure that key feedback and requests are seamlessly integrated into solution planning and development processes
* Ensure that newly developed solutions are meeting the solution requirements necessary to deliver a completed solution to market
* Solicit critical input from business segment teams, SMEs, and solution architect(s) to set solution vision and strategy and clearly articulate the business value to development teams
* Ensuring balanced (e.g. risk, EBIT, time-to-maturity) portfolio decisions which conform to the defined digitalization strategy
* Ensure that the cross-functional stakeholders requirements and dependencies are address such as; communication of requirements, reporting of ideas and joint definition of business value for backlog items
* Integrate Navigator modules & Desigo CC apps into offerings and business go-to-market approaches
* Alignment of Digitalization Portfolio initiatives with overall portfolio initiatives and strategy
* Definition of how portfolio of products and tools can enable digital offerings
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
* 3 - 5 years of successful experience in product development, portfolio management or selling software as a service
* Proven experience with cloud based offerings, XaaS business models and other digital business models
* Knowledge of applying software to building technologies (building knowledge, HVAC, Fire Life Safety, Security)
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required to interact with customers, vendors and employees
* Experience working with cross-functional teams
* Experience working with clients/customers to evaluate business needs and define requirements and prioritize appropriately
* Strong business acumen with the ability to understand and manage the dynamics of a complex organization
* Ability to travel ~25%
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* Experience with agile development methodologies
* Experience working with global teams
* Experience defining new business models based on technology
* Strong service and/or operational background
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm