Seasonal Host/Hostess - Lakeshore Grill Restaurant, Part Time: Troy, MI, Somerset Collection
The Seasonal Restaurant Hosts primary responsibility is to provide excellent service by monitoring customer traffic flow, acknowledging and seating customers upon arrival, providing product information and thanking customers upon departure. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Follows Food Division Standards and Best Practices
- Demonstrate MAGIC selling skills
- Ensure dining room is prepared for customer service
- Effectively deal with multiple customers and seat customers at clean tables avoiding over-seating
- Communicate customer requests/concerns and service flow issues to associates and manager on duty
- Be knowledgeable of servers duties and responsibilities, table numbers, and station assignments
- Follow food safety standards and maintain work area and equipment in accordance with Health Department standards
- Work with bus team to clear and maintain tables according to company standards
- Answer phone and record reservations according to company standards
- Perform cashier duties when needed
- Open and close area following appropriate checklist, verifying completion with Manager on Duty prior to leaving the area
- Maintain stock levels and standards in product presentation
- Follow station specific duties and responsibilities
- Maintain personal hygiene and professional dress code to comply with Food Division and Health Department standards
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
- Education/Experience: No specific educational accomplishment is necessary. Previous restaurant/hospitality experience is preferred but not required. Health department license or certification and/or alcohol certification as required by state or local requirement. Per state law, a Food Handler's certificate may be required for all food service employees who prepare, store or serve food at restaurants, coffee bars or any other food service establishment.
- Communication Skills: Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, reports, and procedure manuals. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator. Must be able to make change using American monetary units.
- Reasoning Ability: Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Must be able to follow instructions.
- Physical Demands: This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing and talking. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. Must be able to move and/or lift at least 30 lbs. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Other skills: Must possess excellent customer service skills. Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. Must meet any state and or local age requirements for serving alcoholic beverages.
- Work Hours: Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
Working Conditions: Reasonable accommodations have been made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Work generally occurs in an office environment with moderate temperature and noise level.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macys, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macys, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's, the largest retail brand of Macy's, Inc. (NYSE:M), delivers fashion and affordable luxury to customers at approximately 670 locations in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Guam, as well as to customers in the U.S. and more than 100 international destinations through its leading online store at macys.com. Via its stores, e-commerce site, mobile and social platforms, Macy's offers distinctive assortments including exclusive and fashion brands. Our flagship stores -- including Herald Square in New York City, Union Square in San Francisco, State Street in Chicago, Dadeland in Miami and South Coast Plaza in Southern California -- are known internationally as leading destinations for visitors. Building on a more than 150-year tradition, we help strengthen communities by supporting local and national charities giving more than $69 million each year to help make a difference in the lives of our customers.
*Macy's, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy's, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9. Learn more about your rights under the Philadelphia Fair Chance Hiring Law.