Seasonal Server - Lakeshore Grill Restaurant, Part Time: Troy, MI, Somerset Collection
The Seasonal Servers primary responsibility is to provide service in a restaurant environment while serving food and beverage products using MAGIC selling. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to company policy and State and Federal regulations regarding service of alcohol including taking all steps necessary to ensure proper age of all persons consuming alcohol served on the premises and refusing to serve any person who appears to be intoxicated or might become intoxicated from consuming additional alcohol
- Follows Food Division Standards and Best Practices
- Follow food safety standards and maintain work area and equipment in accordance with Health Department standards
- Follow area specific steps of service, use table and positions numbers to deliver food and beverages in a timely fashion
- Demonstrate MAGIC selling skills
- Educate, sample, and serve customers food and beverage products
- Effectively deal with multiple customers and communicate customer requests or concerns to other servers and manager on duty
- Work with bus and host team to assist in clearing and resetting tables
- Account for all product served by balancing and recording all sales, turning in accountability forms, charge slips, and cash to manager
- Answer phones and record reservations when needed
- Open and close area following appropriate checklist, verifying completion with Manager on Duty prior to leaving the area
- Follow production guides, maintain stock levels and standards in product presentation
- Maintain personal hygiene and professional dress code to comply with company and Health Department standards
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
- Education/Experience: No specific educational accomplishment is necessary. Previous restaurant/hospitality experience is preferred but not required. Health department license or certification and/or alcohol certification as required by state or local requirement. Per state law, a Food Handler's certificate may be required for all food service employees who prepare, store or serve food at restaurants, coffee bars or any other food service establishment.
- Communication Skills: Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, reports, and procedure manuals. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator. Must be able to make change using American monetary units.
- Reasoning Ability: Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision Must be able to follow instructions.
- Physical Demands: This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing and talking. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. Must be able to move and/or lift at least 30 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Other skills: Must possess excellent customer service skills. Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. Must meet any state and or local age requirements for serving alcoholic beverages.
- Work Hours: Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
Working Conditions: Reasonable accommodations have been made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Work generally occurs in an office environment with moderate temperature and noise level.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macys, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macys, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's, the largest retail brand of Macy's, Inc. (NYSE:M), delivers fashion and affordable luxury to customers at approximately 670 locations in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Guam, as well as to customers in the U.S. and more than 100 international destinations through its leading online store at macys.com. Via its stores, e-commerce site, mobile and social platforms, Macy's offers distinctive assortments including exclusive and fashion brands. Our flagship stores -- including Herald Square in New York City, Union Square in San Francisco, State Street in Chicago, Dadeland in Miami and South Coast Plaza in Southern California -- are known internationally as leading destinations for visitors. Building on a more than 150-year tradition, we help strengthen communities by supporting local and national charities giving more than $69 million each year to help make a difference in the lives of our customers.
*Macy's, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy's, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9. Learn more about your rights under the Philadelphia Fair Chance Hiring Law.