Summary / Objective:
Responsible for the oversight and execution of the catering process to support and drive the growth of Boston Market's Catering initiative in assigned market.
- Assists with sales and objectives for achieving the market's Catering Sales Plan.
- Maximizes catering sales results.
- Maintains working knowledge of catering standards.
- Mentors Restaurant Managers to follow and execute Catering standards.
- Executes catering-training program for in-store, delivery drivers and restaurant managers.
- Utilizes driver pool as needed for business-to-business marketing and overall canvassing of catering.
- Actively recruits drivers to ensure need levels are maintained.
- Screens, interviews, hires and trains qualified delivery drivers.
- Acts as a resource, coach, and mentor to test kitchen staff members.
- Supervises, measures performance, and provides feedback to delivery drivers.
- Dispatches drivers and confirm orders with manager on duty every morning and reconfirms afternoon drivers ensuring efficiency.
- Plans for delivery and confirms next day orders with restaurants each afternoon.
- Logs arrival times and execution notes upon return of driver pool.
- Coordinates equipment storage, upkeep and usage; ensures driver uniform standards are maintained
- Maintains catering vehicle cleanliness, service and usage.
- Performs vehicle safety checks monthly.
- Creates and maintains Driver's files for the market.
- Maintains log of all drivers' hours and delivery fees.
- Supports full service event planning and executes as needed.
- Provides assistance to delivery order preparation and delivery as necessary.
- Utilizes catering reports to trouble shoot and maintain success within the market.
- Maintain daily communication with General Managers and Delivery Drivers and weekly communication with Area Managers.
- Performs a minimum of one QSC per week.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Works additional hours as necessary.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Effective Communication, verbal and written
- Execution Excellence and Reliability
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Withstand temperatures of 0 degrees Fahrenheit or less and 100 degrees Fahrenheit or more.
- Move throughout the restaurant for extended periods of time (up to 8 hours per day).
- Move 50 lbs. for distances of up to 10 feet.
- Balance and move up to 25 lbs. for distances of up to 50 feet.
- Understand and respond to team members’ and guests’ requests in a loud environment.
- Perform basic math and understand finances and cost management.
- Bend, stoop, and reach in order to load and spit chicken, stock shelves, serve customers, and clean the restaurant.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This may be a full-time position; typical hours are between 8:00am to 4:00pm or 2:00pm to CLOSE; work hours are variable.
Required Education and Experience
- High school or GED required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Private transportation.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends, and holidays.
- 6 months experience using a PC and MS Office Suite.
- 6 months experience working in a fast paced environment.
- 1 year of experience in customer service experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interacts daily with external guests, General Managers, team members, Area Manager, and Director of Operations.
Boston Market Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or veteran status.
Browse similar jobs
- Clerical Jobs
- Cleaning Jobs
- Computer Jobs
- Business Development Jobs
- Commercial Driver Jobs
- Cashier Jobs
- Delivery Jobs
- Driver Jobs
- Flexible Hours Jobs
- Hire Vets Jobs
- Full-Time Jobs
- Managerial Jobs
- High School Diploma Jobs
- Merchandising Jobs
- Math Jobs
- Sales Jobs
- Shipping Jobs
- Stock Jobs
- Uniform Jobs
- Weekend Jobs
- Fast Food Jobs
- Catering Jobs
- Restaurant Jobs
- Food Service Jobs