Retail Cashier - Bridgestone Arena
Since 1996, Delaware North Sportservice has partnered with Bridgestone Arena to provide memorable and unforgettable guest experiences. From the hundreds of thousands of Nashville Predators fans that stream through the doors every season, to the legions of guests that experience the concerts, basketball games, and other special events Bridgestone Arena has to offer, all of our guests receive the excellent customer service and GuestPath standards that Sportservice is known for.
Sportservice offers a variety of options for every guest – from Asian stir fry or barbecue, to hamburgers, hot dogs, and popcorn, to the range of gourmet items served in our DEX All-Inclusive Zone. So whether it’s a sold-out hockey game, a major concert, or a nationally televised awards show, Sportservice excels at providing the finest in traditional concessions and gourmet dining.The Opportunity
-Pay starts at $10.00
-Applicants must have schedule flexibility and work some day shifts and/or 4 P.M. to midnight on week nights and weekends for all scheduled events. All positions are part time.
-Applicants must have reliable transportation that would not prohibit them from finishing entirety of shift.
-Applicant must be willing and able to pass a pre-employment background check.
Under the direction of Retail Supervisor, sells retail merchandise to guests in accordance with Company’s GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
• Answers guests’ questions and assists them whenever possible
• Recommends, selects and helps locate or obtain merchandise for guests
• Follows all register procedures and handles cash accordingly
• Exchanges merchandise for guests and processes returns, with approval of supervisor
• Ensures that all merchandise is correctly labeled and displayed
• Routinely stocks merchandise and faces items on shelves.
• Verifies amount of bank at beginning and the end of each shift.
• Maintains a clean and organized store or stand while organizing back-stock
• Brings attention to the supervisor of misused or abused products
• Watches for and recognizes security risks and thefts and reports to security and management
• Conducts inventory, as directed by supervisor/manager
• Assists with loading and unloading of merchandise.
• Previous experience in cash handling required
• Previous experience with operating point-of-sale systems required
• Previous experience in retail or customer service environment preferred
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
• Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company’s GuestPath Universal Service Standards
• Good communication skills; ability to communicate with guests and co-workers
• Attention to detail
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Basic math skills; ability to accurately handle money and count change.
• Willingness to aggressively sell assigned items.
• Capable of following job guidelines and supervisors' instructions.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
• Basic mobility is required
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Majority of time spent in indoor, climate-controlled environment of retail store
• May also be exposed to partially sheltered outdoor environment subject to climate fluctuations.
SHIFT/HOURS REQUIRED: DAYS, NIGHTS, & WEEKENDS AGE REQUIREMENT MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER
Delaware North Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer utilizing drug screens and background checks in our employment process
Retail Cashier is offered as part time job.
Prior expereince as cashier, customer service, sales associate or other part time retail customer service jobs very helpful.
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.