Morehead Kentucky Distribution Center Worker
- Maintain accuracy of documents
- Ensure inventory is maintained according to company’s standard.
- Achieve set standards (engineered or productivity) on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Focus on labels to select from correct location in order to provide the stores with the correct merchandise ordered.
- Complete the daily P.I.T. check list to ensure equipment is working properly and report any defects to management and/or maintenance.
- Operate P.I.T. equipment in a safe manner.
- Ensure labels are placed properly on merchandise in order to be scanned properly.
- Ensure damage merchandise is handled through the proper procedures.
- Follow set safety procedures and guidelines to maximize personal safety.
- Maintain an organized work area and promote a safe working environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma/GED preferred.
- Experience: Four to six months Retail Distribution Center or Warehouse Environment experience preferred.
- Physical Requirements: Able to perform essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. These tasks require the ability to repetitively lift up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 80 pounds. The Team Member should have adequate fitness level to meet the demands of frequent lifting, walking, standing, moderate climbing of stairs, occasional sitting, stooping and kneeling with or without reasonable accommodation. May be required to operate P.I.T. equipment. Team Member will be required to use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) per Distribution Center requirements.
- Working Conditions: The associate will work a non-climate controlled Distribution and Warehouse atmosphere, in which outside weather conditions greatly affect the building’s temperature. The associate may also be exposed to moving mechanical parts or equipment, machine vibrations, fumes, loud noise and airborne particles as regulated by OSHA.
- Availability: Team Member will perform shift work and must be willing to work overtime, weekends and/or holidays.
The Family Dollar Stores, Inc.