Building Facilities Maintenance Mechanic
Building Facilities Maintenance Mechanic
The Building Facilities Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for facility maintenance, inspections, and repair tasks that will enable the safe and continuous operations of the company facilities. The Facilities Technician is responsible for in-house service and maintenance throughout the facility, grounds, shipping and warehouse.
Join the team at Dr Pepper Snapple Group and make a difference by pursuing everything that you do with the determination that sets us apart from our competitors. Driving for results leads to recognition and personal growth within the company, helping us to achieve our goal to Be the Best Beverage Business in the Americas. The success that comes from within each of us is recognized, and creates opportunities for your growth in the organization.
Shift and Schedule
This is a full time permanent position working on 1 st shift. 1 st shift hours are from 6:30am 3:00pm Monday through Friday. Must be open to over time and weekends as the business needs.
- Perform installation and troubleshooting of basic facility related electrical devices within the facility. Individual must be capable of changing out light fixtures and ballasts and have experience with maintaining roll-up doors and truck docks
- Perform basic repair and troubleshooting of HVAC systems. Act as the point of contact with HVAC vendors if major repairs or new installation is required.
- Knowledgeable about wastewater treatment systems.
- Drive 5S with painting and maintain designated areas. Responsible for painting using industrial paint equipment like: line painter, floors, brush painting poles, door trim, machinery, power paint walls, ceiling, etc..
- Perform general upkeep and repairs on building including drywall, framing, painting and finish work. Minor sheet rock repair, hanging mirrors for forklift traffic, making stencil signs and painting them throughout facility.
- Monitor the facility and recommend repairs or maintenance for equipment and facility including roof, ceiling and walls of the facility.
- Operate fork lifts and high lifts and use scaffolding and ladders as needed.
- Perform all duties with necessary precaution within accepted safety practices.
We take great pride in offering our people benefits that are competitive. We appreciate hard work, innovative ideas and unending passion, which is why we provide a comprehensive set of benefits and options designed to fit the unique lifestyles of our employees from day one based on eligibility requirements.
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED)
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. as needed
- 6 months experience in maintenance of a large production facility or apartment complex
- 2 years of basic electrical troubleshooting and installation experience.
- 1 year of previous experience working with HVAC systems
Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc. (NYSE: DPS) is one of North Americas leading refreshment beverage companies, manufacturing, bottling and distributing more than 50 brands of carbonated soft drinks, juices, teas, mixers, waters and other premium beverages.
With a brand heritage spanning more than 200 years, the DPS portfolio includes some of the most recognized beverages in the Americas. More than 75 percent of the companys overall volume is from brands that are either #1 or #2 in their flavor categories. In addition to its flagship Dr Pepper and Snapple brands, the DPS portfolio includes 7UP, Motts, A&W, Sunkist soda, Hawaiian Punch, Canada Dry, Schweppes, RC Cola, Diet Rite, Squirt, Peñafiel, Yoo-hoo, Roses, Clamato, Mr & Mrs T and other well-known consumer favorites.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Dr Pepper Snapple Group recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled Persons/Veterans
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old