The Warehouse Operator is responsible for operation of material handling equipment for the purpose of accurate shipping, processing and receiving, which includes but is not limited to unloading, scanning, moving, staging, loading, locating, picking, relocating, and stacking product.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives inbound materials and marks materials with identifying information; record amount of material received; sort materials and stock on racks, shelves or bins in accordance with predetermined sequence such as size, color, type, or product code. Arrange materials for order assembly.
- Reads production schedule, order forms (customer, work, and/or shipping), or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed. Compiles worksheets or tickets from customer specifications. Convey materials within warehouse to appropriate department (shipping, production and/or storage), in accordance with schedule and operating procedures.
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools or other stock items and distributes items to production workers or assembly line.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Operates hand truck, cart, doilies, forklift, order-picker, and walkie to transport stored items from warehouse to plant or to pick up items for shipment.
- Housekeeping duties including all forms of warehouse cleanup.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English with proficiency.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Basic keypunch skills.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- 1-3 months related experience and/or training
Advantage RMI for Medline Industries