Store Management Opportunities - Albany, NY market
Bring your passion for fashion to today's Burlington Stores and consider joining the management team of one of the largest off price retailers of apparel and home furnishings in the nation. We always have a large selection of quality name brand merchandise at huge savings; coats, clothing and shoes for the whole family, fashionable accessories, home decor, and everything for the baby. Burlington means one-stop shopping for labels you love at prices you love even more. We're always looking for great leaders who are driven to succeed and want to have fun! We are now interviewing talent. Opportunities include:
As the leader of the management team, the Store Manager has ultimate responsibility over operation and performance of one, multi-million dollar store location. The Store Manager is a leader who exercises judgment and uses discretion to solve problems, make informed decision and manage wisely. Responsibilities include driving sales and customer service; ensuring proper merchandising standards, controlling expenses and payroll budgets, managing the associate experience and handling personnel issues. A Store Manager is a role model and must manage the workforce and time wisely in order to achieve maximum results.
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER, OPERATIONS
As part of the management team, the Assistant Store Manager, Operations is responsible for the day-to-day management of the store and ensuring store associates are delivering excellent customer service. Main responsibilities include Back of House (Receiving/MTA) and Markdowns, and assisting in management of all areas of store operations as needed. An Assistant Store Manager is a role model and must manage the workforce and time wisely in order to achieve maximum results
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER, SERVICE
As part of the management team, the Assistant Store Manager, Service is responsible for the day-to-day management of the store. Main responsibilities include managing the Point of Service/Front End operations and Human Resource Initiatives in the store, including but not limited to staffing, hiring, and BEST. Assist other store management in all areas of store operations as needed.
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER, MERCHANDISING
As part of the management team, the Assistant Store Manager, Merchandising is responsible for the day-to-day management of the store. Main responsibilities include Selling Floor, Recovery, Sizing, Fitting Rooms, Home, Baby, Accessories, Shoes, and assisting in management of all areas of store operations as needed.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service
- Ability to develop and train work force, build relationships, utilize skills of workforce most appropriately
- Ability to merchandise and manage store operations effectively
- Ability to process information/merchandise through computer system and register system
- Ability to maintain a fair, consistent set of standards as they apply to work force
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain records and documentation pertaining to work force
- 5+ years of Retail Management experience within a Big Box or Specialty environment, with the ability to manage a multi-million dollar sales volume and expense budget
- Availability to meet minimum scheduling requirements as set forth by the company, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written), including strong relationship building skills
- Travel required as needed
Ideal candidates will be self motivated, team players, with strong planning, organizational, communication (verbal & written), team building and customer service skills with the desire to succeed. The management team must have the availability to work a full-time schedule and the hours required to drive the business which includes opening and/or closing the store and working nights, weekends, and holidays. We care about our employees, have a supportive environment that values trust and respect and offer a competitive wage and benefits package that includes a generous paid time off plan, plus an associate discount, and a company matched 401(k) to name a few.
Burlington Stores Inc is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Come join our team. Youre going to like it here!
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old