Garden Bar Prep/Utility
The Garden Bar Prep/Utility is responsible for preparing food items according to Ruby Tuesday recipes and procedures and preparing product for service for the Garden Bar. GB Prep/Utility communicates with and supports the Garden Bar Specialist to ensure the Garden Bar is always 100% stocked. GB Prep/Utility completes specific cleaning duties daily ensuring restaurant environment is clean and inviting to guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a pleasant and friendly attitude, while contributing to a teamwork-based work environment.
- Take pride in his/her appearance while adhering to the Ruby Tuesday Dress & Appearance Policy.
- Follow all safety and sanitation guidelines at all times.
- Ensure the highest quality preparation and presentation of food items.
- Measure and assemble ingredients and cook items according to Ruby Tuesday recipes.
- Wash and clean fruit and vegetables for peeling, dicing, shredding, or slicing using kitchen hand-utensils and electric equipment.
- Prepare food in a way to avoid waste and spoilage, ensure high quality, and to maintain food safety standards; daily/weekly food inventories correspond with food sales.
- Station maintenance including, but not limited to, the walk-in refrigerator, prep, and dry storage areas.
- Responsible for the set-up, cleanliness, and organization of the work area before, during, and after every shift.
- Complete specific restaurant cleaning responsibilities daily in the front of house and kitchen.
- Sweep up trash around exterior of restaurant and deck scrub walk ways and back dock area. Dispose of trash and debris according to Ruby Tuesday procedures.
- Rinse, wash, sort, and stack glassware, tableware, and cooking utensils/vessels by using both mechanical and manual cleaning methods; return dishes and cooking utensils/vessels to the line or the proper storage location.
- Clean, roll, and unroll kitchen mats.
- Maintain clean, stocked, and sanitary restrooms.
- Provide support to other kitchen functions as time and ability allow.
- Position requires slip-resistant shoes.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or High School equivalency preferred.
This position requires regular attendance; requires the ability to stand or walk for hours at a time; frequently required to hear, speak, walk, crawl, climb, stand, reach, bend, balance, kneel, stoop, lift and carry items up to 50 lbs; requires ability to tolerate significant changes in temperature, and frequent immersion of hands in water and cleaning or sanitizing solutions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Note: The job description reflects the assignment of the essential functions of the current position, but does not prescribe or restrict tasks that may be assigned. The essential functions are specified, but are subject to change at any time for various reasons, including management discretion.