This position is responsible for the day-to-day management of the restaurant. Responsible for teaching, training, and leading Team Members. Must present a professional image at all times. Must coach, counsel, and develop Team Members to maximize sales and profitability, control expenses, meet budgetary constraints, handle Guest complaints, and ensure sanitation, safety and food quality. The Manager is a champion of the Ruby Way and is expected to consistently model the behavior expected of Team Members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure each guest receives excellent service by leading and modeling the Ruby Way.
- Recruit, train, develop, and communicate through consistent daily interactions with all Team Members.
- Complete focal point review development plans for Team Members, including regular one-on-one follow-up regarding the progress of the development plans.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, all state and federal wage and hour regulations, and restaurant filing responsibilities.
- Ensure all equipment is in good repair.
- Manage all processes including line checks, pull thaw, prep lists, food inventory, beverage cost, truck orders, food safety, etc.
- Verify that all food is prepared to spec with regard to portion, preparation, and plate presentation.
- Responsible and accountable for key results to include food cost, inventory levels, utility usage, and Health Department ratings.
- Conduct initial interviews with potential hires and make recommendations on candidates to move forward in the interview process.
- Responsible for execution of new initiatives including new product and menu rollouts.
- Write and manage Team Member schedules.
The Manager is responsible for the supervision and development of their Team Members.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or High School equivalency required. Bachelor's Degree preferred. Requires 1-2 years management experience at Ruby Tuesday or other restaurant concept.
Basic computer skills required.
This position requires regular attendance; the ability to work 55 hours per week is required; requires the ability to stand or walk for hours at a time; frequently required to hear, speak, walk, crawl, climb, stand, reach, bend, balance, kneel, stoop, lift and carry items up to 50 lbs; requires ability to tolerate significant changes in temperature, and frequent immersion of hands in water and cleaning or sanitizing solutions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Note: The job description reflects the assignment of the essential functions of the current position, but does not prescribe or restrict tasks that may be assigned. The essential functions are specified, but are subject to change at any time for various reasons, including management discretion.
Ruby Tuesday is an Equal Opportunity Employer.