The Bartender mixes and responsibly serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to guests in the bar area and, through the service bar, to guests in the dining room. All beverages are prepared according to Ruby Tuesday recipes, standards, and procedures. Provides food service to guests choosing to dine in the bar area. Responsible for meeting or exceeding sales performance objectives as determined, communicated, and monitored by management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a gracious, pleasant and friendly attitude, while contributing to a teamwork-based work environment.
- Take pride in his/her appearance while adhering to the Ruby Tuesday Dress & Appearance Policy.
- Provide each guest with a friendly welcome and farewell to ensure a positive and memorable visit.
- Guide guests through food, beverage, and promotional menus.
- Write down and repeat back guests orders. Accurately input orders at the MICROS.
- Responsible for attention and prompt response to the bar guests needs and requests throughout their entire visit.
- Present an accurate guest check, accept payment, and quickly complete the transaction.
- Answer the phone and assist with answering guest questions in a friendly, courteous manner.
- Serve alcoholic beverages in accordance with the Ruby Tuesday Responsible Serving Statement Policy.
- Prepare alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for sale to the dining room and bar guests according to Ruby Tuesday recipes and quality standards, as specified in the recipe manual or on the Bar Display System (BDS).
- Prepare bar and dining room beverage orders promptly.
- Accountable for receiving accurate payment and balancing the cash drawer used during their shift daily/weekly bar inventories must correspond with cash totals.
- Stock all liquors, beer, wines, mixes, garnishes, glassware, and miscellaneous bar supplies.
- Open wine and champagne bottles and tap beer kegs as needed.
- Maintain clean and sanitary conditions in coolers, wells, sinks, floors, and other storage areas according to Ruby Tuesday standards.
- Provide service in a way as to create new and repeat business and avoid guest complaints.
- Position requires slip-resistant shoes.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or High School equivalency preferred.
This position requires regular attendance; requires the ability to stand or walk for hours at a time; frequently required to hear, speak, walk, crawl, climb, stand, reach, bend, balance, kneel, stoop, lift and carry items up to 50 lbs; requires ability to tolerate significant changes in temperature, and frequent immersion of hands in water and cleaning or sanitizing solutions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Note: The job description reflects the assignment of the essential functions of the current position, but does not prescribe or restrict tasks that may be assigned. The essential functions are specified, but are subject to change at any time for various reasons, including management discretion.
Ruby Tuesday is an Equal Opportunity Employer.