What We're Looking For:
• Restaurant Leader - this isn't your first rodeo. You've grown up in the restaurant and hospitality industry and served up thousands of tasty meals. You know how to run the heck out of a restaurant and are looking for your next big adventure as a manager.
• Food Fanatic - You're crazy about food; the look, the taste, the smell, even the sound it makes when you chop through fresh produce. You take pride in every step of its transformation into a masterful meal.
• Host with the Most – As a manager you know service and hospitality are two totally different things. You make people feel welcome and a part of the family. You know what they need before they need it; you know their names and their kids' names. And guess what, they know you too. They connect with your team and they keep coming back because when they're with you, they're home.
• People Developer - You know you're not a one person army...it takes a strong team to deliver a great product and outstanding service. You show your people how they can be their best. You're not only a manager, you’re a teacher, trainer, mentor and coach.
* At least 18 years of age and earned a High School diploma or GED
* 2 or more years of management experience, preferably in the restaurant industry managing a team of 15 or more employees at a time, interacting frequently with customers, and coaching employees to assume increasingly challenging roles
* Available to work flexible hours including early mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays, as well as work weeks that may at times exceed 40 hours
* Passionate about food, service and people
* Attention to detail and focused on getting the job done the right way always
* Ability to understand and follow specific recipes, processes and systems with precision and consistency
* Possesses strong organizational skills and can effectively prioritize needs (solid multitasker)
* Thrives in a fast paced, high pressure environment
* Understands their success is ultimately dependent on that of their teams
* Able take direction as well as delegate tasks accordingly
* Demonstrates strong interpersonal communication skills; able to easily interact with diverse employees, bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
* Comfortable with computers, email and mobile technology as well as point of sale systems and reporting
* Able to lift and carry at least 60 lbs. and stand for 8 plus hrs.
* Proof of valid driver's license
Our Commitment to You:
* Arm you with mad skills to succeed - cooking from scratch is both and art and a science. Our managers experience both. They learn on-the-job from our food masters and in the classroom at our state of the art Culinary Institute (CRAFT). And that's just the beginning; our managers receive operations and leadership training throughout the year.
* Show you want running a real restaurant business is all about
* Offer up plenty of opportunities to grow and continue to lead in bigger and broader ways
* Oh yeah, and that other stuff like competitive pay, monthly bonus, paid time off, free meals and other benefits (healthcare, 401K and life insurance).
Cafe Rio is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Participates in E-Verify
PM - Cafe Rio