- Effectively executes the essential functions of a General Manager in the event of the General Manager's absence.
- Leads with integrity and focuses on the Company's mission and values: Simplify life for our guests by creating awesome rotisserie meals, served quickly by warm and friendly people.
- Provides clear and consistent direction to Hourly Shift Supervisors and crew members as needed during the work day to ensure operational excellence is consistently executed.
- Maximizes profits by managing P&L controllable items.
- Maintains sparkling clean restaurants and ensures QSC standards are achieved.
- Leads all guest components including excellent food quality, exceptional guest service, crew member friendliness, and cleanliness through the team using proven systems and routines.
- Consistently finds ways to create delightful positive dining experiences by delivering a high level of service and ensuring all crew members engage in conversations with guests to understand their needs and exceed their expectations.
- Directs the cleaning of the dining areas, washing of kitchen utensils and equipment to comply with Quality Service Control (QSC) and government sanitation standards.
- Orders food, equipment, and supplies while maintaining Optimum Food Costs (OFC).
- Implements General Manager plans to meet sales objectives.
- Upholds sales and service techniques to ensure a great guest experience.
- Investigates and resolves customer complaints regarding food quality or service when general manager is absent.
- Ensures the safety of guests and crew members through training and execution of food safety and restaurant safety standards and guidelines.
- Assists in effectively hiring individuals that are the best fit and most qualified for the business.
- Assists in training and coaching crew members in culinary and guest services principles and practices.
- Monitors team member's performance and training and provides meaningful feedback to the General Manager on an ongoing basis.
- Prevents employee relation issues by consistently executing human resources practices and ensuring guidelines and processes are adhered to.
- Ensures all employees adhere to the company's uniform standards.
- Reinforces the compliance of all company policies and procedures (people, safety, assets, cash, etc.).
- Ensures compliance with employment law, safety regulations, and all company policies and procedures during all shifts.
- Effectively handles and manages confidential and sensitive information.
- Strives to create and maintain a diverse team.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
Effective Communication, written and oral
Execution Excellence & Reliability
Teamwork & Collaboration
This position is responsible for assisting in the hiring, training, coaching, developing, and managing the performance of crew members.
- Withstand temperatures of 0 degrees Fahrenheit or less and 100 degrees Fahrenheit or more.
- Move throughout the restaurant for extended periods of time (up to 10-12 hours per day).
- Move 50 lbs. for distances of up to 10 feet.
- Balance and move up to 25 lbs. for distances of up to 50 feet.
- Understand and respond to team members' and guests' requests in a loud environment.
- Perform basic math and understand finances and cost management.
- Bend, stoop, and reach in order to load and spit chicken, stock shelves, serve customers, and clean the restaurant.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position; typical hours could be anywhere between 8:00am to 11:00pm, with about 50 - 52 hours of work per week expected.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school or GED required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- 6 mths experience using a PC and MS Office Suite.
- 6 mths experience working in a fast paced environment.
- 6 mths experience meeting and or exceeding customer service overall satisfaction results.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- 1 year experience managing restaurant operations, financials, and control systems.
- 1 year management or leadership experience coaching and mentoring team members.
- 2 years' experience as a restaurant/retail experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Relationships / Contacts:
Interacts daily with external guests as well as works alongside General Manager and team members. Infrequently contacts Area Manager and various field and support center personnel.
Boston Market Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or veteran status.
Browse similar jobs
- 21 Or Older Jobs
- Cleaning Jobs
- Computer Jobs
- Communication Jobs
- Business Development Jobs
- Cook Jobs
- Cashier Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs
- Event Jobs
- Friendly Jobs
- Housekeeping Jobs
- Flexible Hours Jobs
- Hire Vets Jobs
- Full-Time Jobs
- Managerial Jobs
- High School Diploma Jobs
- Merchandising Jobs
- Math Jobs
- Sales Jobs
- Quality Assurance Jobs
- Retail Operations Jobs
- Restaurant Operations Jobs
- Stock Jobs
- Uniform Jobs
- Weekend Jobs
- Work Nights Jobs
- Retail Jobs
- Fast Food Jobs
- Restaurant Jobs
- Food Service Jobs