POSITION SNAPSHOT: The line cook position is responsible for creating an exceptional culinary experience for our Guests through the preparation and presentation of our menu. The line cook is also responsible for the correct handling and preparation of all food items to ensure our Guests' safety at all times.
NITTY GRITTY DETAILS:
- Delivers an unparalleled Guest experience through the best combination of food, drinks and games in an ideal environment for celebrating all out fun.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action.
- Adheres to all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Safely and correctly operates all equipment.
- Uses all chemicals properly in the correct quantities for safety and cost control.
- Ensures that all products are stored properly in the correct location at the appropriate levels at all times.
- Prepares and sells food that meets all food quality indicators and prepared to Guest expectations.
- Sells food within recommended time frames to meet Guest expectations.
- Responsible for preparing and cooking all food items by recipe and to specification.
- Controls costs by following prep sheets as designed to ensure the freshest product is served and eliminate waste.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of all kitchen areas.
- Responsible for station maintenance, cleanliness and sanitation.
- Cleaning and maintenance of all kitchen mats, floors, walls and drains.
- Empties kitchen trash and cleans and maintains trash cans.
- Assists other Team Members as needed or when business needs dictate.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company team members to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate that will be conducive to maximum team member morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Must be friendly and able to smile a lot while working days, nights and/or weekends as required.
- Previous kitchen experience at a hotel or restaurant is preferred, but not required.
- Must demonstrate ability to clearly communicate with other team members.
- Must be disciplined and self-motivated.
- Is dressed in accordance with dress guidelines, looking neat, clean and professional at all times.
STUFF OUR ATTORNEYS MAKE US WRITE:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the team member will regularly be required to:
- Work in noisy, fast paced environment with distracting conditions.
- Move about facility and stand for long periods of time.
- Lift and carry 30 pounds.
- Walk or stand 100% of shift.
- Reach, bend, stoop, mop, sweep and wipe frequently.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified in this position.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Dave & Buster's Corporate Account (Posting Importer)