Area Manager Route Sales
- Manages route productivity and asset/resource utilization Leads sales performance within an area of approximately $3-$6 million per year and may oversee more than one location Maintains productive route structure by ensuring effective work hours and expectations are met as well as route sequence integrity
- Leads execution of delivery and service standards to ensure a high quality customer experience through efficient route operations.
- Leads one or more profit centers which may be in one or more physical location
- Executes and enforces safety standards within the Depot. Drives accountability of safe behaviors by coaching team members. Identifies and removes risks and participates in accident investigations
- Leads people management and development demonstrating a disciplined approach to recruiting training coaching performance management and retention
- Focuses on effective talent selection hiring and successful on-boarding of new team members.
- Ensures successful customer service delivery as well as recovery; Serves as local point of contact for customer service communication & follow- up coordination with the call center and overall issue resolution
- Effectively cascades key messages on areas of focus and strategic priority for the business and helps the team through changes
- Oversees the warehouse team to ensure execution of efficient warehouse operations (management of fleet assets for the location compliance with Pre & Post Trip inspections utilization PM schedule repair/maintenance breakdown pick-up etc)
- Conducts essential administrative duties such as payroll banking equipment support resource scheduling and daily reporting
- Reviews financial reporting/KPI#s to make informed decisions on cost controls route productivity product inventory controls maintenance of assets depot supplies profitability etc.
- Implements and maintains compliance with all government and corporate programs and policies
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience (Sales Customer Service); 2 yrs direct leadership experience
- High School diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior route sales or route service experience is preferred but not required.
- Ability to inspire coach and develop others through a shared vision and purpose
- Ability to select high quality/caliber talent
- A passion for providing outstanding service.
- Desire to have personal accountability and drive a culture of execution
- Ability to engage and lead team meetings
- Basic PC skills including: Microsoft Word, Excel etc.
- Ability to pass a background check, drug test and physical as required by the Department of Transportation.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Years of Related Experience: Minimum of 5 years related experience (Sales Customer Service); 2 yrs direct leadership experience
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Proven leadership and team development (lead self lead others lead forward); Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; Ability to inspire coach and develop others through a shared vision and purpose; Ability to select high quality/caliber talent; Ability to engage and lead team meetings; Proven track record driving & executing best in class service; Drive a culture of execution; Understand Financial reporting/statements; Basic PC skills including: Microsoft Word Excel etc.; Proven sales and distribution management expertise in related industry (preferred). Must meet the Federal DOT eligibility requirements including appropriate driver's license and medical certification.
Req #: 17007240