SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc., a division of The Schwan Food Company, is hiring a Senior Buyer within our Procurement division. This role carries out the responsibility of purchasing a broad spectrum of goods or services for the company. The position is accountable for researching negotiating and procuring the assigned category; and will work under limited supervision by the Director. Other duties include:
- Leads complex negotiations with key suppliers along with clear communication to internal stakeholders.
- Tracks and monitors the category for impact to pricing & supply.
- Negotiates and secures desired quantities and varieties at lowest feasible costs that meet quality specifications and plant production requirements.
- Responsible for material rates and operational impacts.
- Delivers category rate and risk assessment and associated. communication for their assigned materials to appropriate stakeholders.
- Actively leads supplier quality for goods or services to ensure delivery of contracted products/services meet contracted expectations.
- Resolves QCD (quality cost delivery) issues with key customers (manufacturing marketing R&D and sales).
- Monitors and tracks supplier performance cost savings and continuous improvement and develops and implements the solutions to address issues.
- Creates the category supplier strategy in concert with Director.
- Accountable to drive results in Price Rate and Risk Management Project Execution Raw Material Quality Supplier Service Supplier Product Innovation.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Years of Related Experience: 5-9 years of related experience
- Intermediate PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Intermediate proficiency in data generation from electronic systems.
- Intermediate numeric analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing via reports business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers clients customers and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts interest commissions proportions percentages area circumference and volume.
- Good communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- The ability to manage multiple assignments meet deadlines achieve objectives manage confidential information and work cooperatively in groups.
Req #: 17007340
TMP for Schwan's