At Schwan’s Company, we are driven to bring our customers delicious foods and reliable services. That's how we grew from a "one-man-and-a-truck" delivery business in rural Minnesota to a multibillion-dollar private company with thousands of team members nationwide. Our commitment to delicious foods shows in all we do, from careful ingredient selection and quality food making to delivering a great experience wherever you shop and eat.
The foods we make reach customers in many ways. We deliver directly to our customer's homes through our popular food-delivery business, offer well-known retail brands such as Red Baron®, Freschetta®, and Tony's® pizzas, Pagoda® snacks and appetizers, and Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, and bring innovative food solutions to our customers in the food-service industry. To learn more, visit us at http://www.schwanscompany.com.
Responsible for purchasing assigned items supplies and materials under limited supervision.
- Works with suppliers to negotiate contracts for current or future purchased items.
- Secures desired commodity quantities and varieties at lowest feasible costs that meet quality specifications and plant production requirements.
- Resolves QCD (quality cost delivery) issues with key customers (manufacturing marketing R&D and sales).
- Determines existing and future market conditions.
- Monitors and tracks supplier performance cost savings and continuous improvement.
- Participates on new product development teams.
Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Years of Related Experience: 2-5 years of related experience
- Intermediate PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Intermediate proficiency in data generation from electronic systems.
- Intermediate numeric analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing via reports business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers clients customers and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts interest commissions proportions percentages area circumference and volume.
- Good communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- The ability to manage multiple assignments meet deadlines achieve objectives manage confidential information and work cooperatively in groups.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Req #: 17007341