Cook - Atria Palm Desert
Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living, and memory care communities in 190 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 21,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 14,600 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them continue making a difference in our world.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer. Atria provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria also does not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on these protected classifications. We require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination-free and harassment-free work environment.
- Provide a high level of customer service and promote a restaurant style dining atmosphere.
- Work closely with the service director and/or executive director to keep residents satisfied with food and dining programs.
- Assist with the preparation and execution of the Art of Atria Dining enhancement programs.
- Maintain kitchen and food storage and preparation areas in a clean, safe, and sanitary condition at all times.
- Responsible for the opening and/or closing of the kitchen.
- Adhere to cleaning schedules as assigned.
- Ensures that all food is received, stored, and prepared according to company standards.
- Estimate daily or weekly needs of food and supplies and communicates needs to Director of Culinary Services or assistant Culinary Service director.
- Participate in preparing and cooking meals according to established recipes and approved menus.
- Document temperatures of food prior to service, refrigeration and freezer temperatures.
- Prepare and ensure snacks and beverages are available to residents at all times.
- Keep kitchen floors clean (sweeps and mops) and trash emptied.
- Assist with the transportation and storage of food and supplies.
- Adhere to Quality Enhancement standards and standard food safety practices.
- Assist with preparation and execution of special events, banquets, and theme meals.
- Will attend pre-meal stand up in kitchen prior to meal service
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience as a cook in a hospitality or healthcare environment
- Serve Safe Certification
- Able to read and follow recipes and printed production guides, cleaning schedules, and logs.