Driver - Atria Darien
Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living, and memory care communities in 190 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 21,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 14,600 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them continue making a difference in our world.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer. Atria provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria also does not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on these protected classifications. We require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination-free and harassment-free work environment.
Responsible for providing safe, courteous transportation service and serve as support staff for the Engage Life Director or Maintenance Director. Coordinates vehicle pre-maintenance, maintenance, and repair to ensure vehicle longevity.
- Drives vehicle from community to social and other various destinations according to assigned schedule.
- Assists residents into and out of vehicle in a safe manner.
- Secures passengers' wheelchairs to restraining devices to stabilize wheelchairs during trip.
- Practices safe driving techniques at all times.
- Cleans and services vehicle with fuel, lubricants, and accessories and reports & coordinates vehicle maintenance repairs.
- Establishes and monitors daily and weekly trip inspection & preventative maintenance programs and maintains records regarding the maintenance of all vehicles.
- Delivers groceries and other belongings to resident’s apartments.
- Assists the Engage Life Department in activities and programs as needed.
- Ensures charges are submitted to the business office daily for community travel expenses.
- Maintain a safe driving record according to company guidelines.
- Handles emergency situations and basic First Aid.
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions to the Executive Director.
- May perform other duties as needed and/or assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one (1) to three (3) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five (5) years proven safe and accident-free driving record and knowledge of vehicle preventative maintenance programs are required.
- Commercial driver's license required to operate commercial size vehicles.
- Able to operate a seven (7) to sixteen (16) passenger bus, unless otherwise required by Atria or state law. Able to operate a limousine or car, tire changing equipment, First Aid Kit, wheelchair lift, and dollies/hand trucks.
- Experienced with vehicle emergency repairs, able to change automobile tires and handle minor on-road maintenance.
- Knowledgeable of all streets within an 8-mile radius of the community.
- Position requires driving responsibilities (may use Company provided vehicle and/or personal vehicle).
- Must satisfactorily meet and be in compliance with Atria motor vehicle policy standards.