Safety ManagerWe have a full-time opening for a Safety Manager .
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
G2 is looking for an experienced Safety Manager. The Safety Manager role supports G2's operations with safety leadership and technical expertise. Responsible for managing the Company's safety program in Los Angeles that drives regulatory compliance as well as injury and accident reduction, The Safety Manager provides guidance and direction for the planning, implementation and on-going evaluation of the safety policy and procedures to ensure a safe working environment for employees. This position will collaborate with local G2 operations management and customer safety personnel as well as corporate staff.
MAJOR TASKS, KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Lead the safety function for G2 Secure Staff in Los Angeles towards developing, implementing and maintaining a world class safety culture.
- Be extremely well versed and current with all health and safety related state and federal regulations applicable to the multiple business lines we own.
- Collaborate with local management, customer safety personnel and employees to build a cohesive, trusted relationship
- Monitor the effectiveness of LAX safety programs as well as the current safety culture and recommend improvements
- Develop and deliver necessary training programs to ensure regulatory compliance and safe employee behaviors.
- Conduct safety audits and inspections. Provide reports to management using leading edge metrics and recommending corrective actions
- Develop, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications and training to help ensure a safe workplace.
- Provide expert guidance in accident investigations Helps prepare and maintain emergency response plans for the G2 Operation at LAX.
- Takes a leadership role in industry organizations or client programs as directed by the Company's leadership team
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and participate in achievement of company objectives.
- Utilize company and client equipment, supplies and resources in a conscientious, cost effective manner.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum BS in Occupational Health and Safety or related engineering or technical degree. An advanced degree is a plus..
- CSP, CIH or CHST Certification, Authorized OSHA 30 hr Trainer and Lead Auditor certification strongly preferred.
- Five (5 - 8) years' experience managing and implementing safety programs
- Aviation and airport experience is strongly preferred.
- Cal OSHA experience a plus
- Thorough understanding of and ability to enforce federal, state, local and company regulations
- Professional knowledge in the application of OSHA, EPA, ISAGO, SMS and DOT standards
- Strong leadership and proactive problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communications, including presenting before large audiences. Self-motivated, top performer who is passionate about Safety.
- Demonstrated organizational and prioritization abilities
- Ability to analyze various types of data and produce reports for senior management
- Proven success in developing, training and implementing safety procedures and best practices
- Demonstrated presentation, training and facilitation skills
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) is a plus
We offer a competitive salary and benefits.
Job Type: Full-time