Barista Ronald Reagan National Airport
Master valuable skills. Assume greater responsibility. And experience career satisfaction with HMSHost, which is part of Autogrill S.p.A., the world’s largest provider of food and beverage services for travelers. Recognized as industry leaders, we create innovative dining locations at airports and on motorways worldwide. With 37,000 associates and annual revenues of more than $2.8 billion, we use our experience and global reach to offer travelers an unparalleled blend of local, regional, and international brands.
HMSHost will provide you with the opportunity to learn, grow, and develop as a professional at our many branded restaurants. Explore our various hourly and management positions in the U.S. and Canada or our corporate openings in Bethesda, Maryland.
Location: Reagan National Airport F&B
Unit Name: Starbucks Pre-Security
Unit Code: DCASTA09
Hourly Rate (if applicable):
The Barista is responsible for fulfilling orders and completing sales transactions within a Starbucks establishment and performing other support functions which may include cleaning the food preparation, customer seating or stock areas and maintaining inventory; performs all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management. This is a non-exempt position and typically reports to the Store Manager.
- Greets customers and takes food order; provides information about products and looks for opportunity to "up-sell" products
- Prepares all drink orders to Starbucks and company standards
- Operates a cash register and receives payment from customers in cash or credit card, accurately counts and provides change to customers as required, and follows all HMSHost customer service and cash handling policies and procedures
- Educates and informs customers about the differences among coffee beans, coffee preparation and home brewing methods
- Cleans and stocks customer area
- Follows company and Starbucks operational policies and procedures, including those for safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
- Requires the ability to bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
- Requires the ability to learn and maintain knowledge of Starbuck's products and procedures
- Some cash handling and customer service experience preferred
HMSHOST OFFERS THE LEADING
BENEFITS YOUR SKILLS DESERVE.
- Competitive compensation
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for health and daycare expenses
- Medical, dental and life insurance for family members
- Paid vacation
- Credit union membership
- Discounts on vision wear
10 REASONS TO CONSIDER JOINING HMSHOST:
- Competitive Pay
- Emphasis on customer service and teamwork
- Clean, safe friendly work atmosphere
- Employee meal discounts
- Opportunities for professional growth/advancement
- Detailed training
- Stable company and a positive reputation in the community
- Diverse customers and co-workers
- We believe in recognizing, rewarding and taking care of our associates
If you are disabled and require a reasonable accommodation to submit your application, contact the HR department of the location where you wish to apply.
HMSHost is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law in terms or conditions of employment, programs, or activities. Individuals with questions regarding this policy are encouraged to contact Human Resources.
*401(k) retirement savings plan
*Employee and family members comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision care, long term disability, short term disability, and life insurance
*Flexible spending account for health expenses
*Credit union membership
HMSHost benefits vary by location and some associates may not be eligible for certain benefits. Associates covered by a collective bargaining agreement may be eligible for different benefits. HMSHost reserves the right to amend and/or terminate a benefit plan at any time.