With more than 2,200 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We are currently looking for a Field Operations Recruiter. As the Field Operations Recruiter you will be based out of our Corporate Office in Glendale, CA. You will play an integral part supporting Hiring Managers and the Talent Department in a wide range of recruiting efforts. You will focus on our hourly field personnel recruiting process from managing requisitions in our Applicant Tracking System to conducting pre-employment background checks and providing key support and guidance to internal customers.
Reporting to the Vice President of Talent Acquisition and Development, located in Glendale, CA, you will support the recruiting process for our Field Operations group for a 2 billion dollar company with over 2,200 locations self-storage locations and more than 5,000 staff members.
- Partners with the Hiring Manager, HR Director and others to identify and develop the most appropriate sourcing approaches to ensure the business places the best possible candidates into vacancies while ensuring time-to-fill targets are met.
- Serves as a shared point of contact for various internal (e.g., newly hired managers) and external resources (e.g., professional search firms).
- Administers recommended screening tools based upon position specifications.
- Participates in managing requisitions and candidate flow to ensure that management's needs are being met. Spearheads job fair activities to supplement applicant flow.
- Coordinates background checks with Human Resources department and evaluates references; may administer pre-employment tests.
- Utilizes a contemporary applicant management tracking system to create job postings in sourcing efforts. May help manage the talent pool of future candidates.
- Uses the current applicant management system to ensure candidates track through the screening process to the Hiring Manager assessment stage, that all candidates receive timely feedback and that the business does not lose candidates. Provides ongoing audit, review and feedback to hiring managers on the execution of recruiting process.
- Sources top candidates, active or passive, continuously (via social media sites, job boards and other channels) and recommends potential candidates for review for difficult to fill jobs, whether or not a vacancy exists.
- Completes all assigned and ad hoc reports and keeps all records and files accurate and up-to-date.
- A communicator: you create an atmosphere in which timely and high quality information flows smoothly between the Talent Department and Hiring Managers.
- Passionate about team work: you excel in fostering collaboration among teammates.
- A gold medal multi-tasker: you thrive on challenges and have a proven track record of multi-tasking and meeting deadlines without sacrificing quality in a fast-paced environment
- Service oriented: you’re a people person who is systematic and trustworthy, so you’ll keep our talent team informed and keep sensitive information confidential.
- Minimum 3 years of recruiting coordinator experience within a fast paced, retail environment. Recruiting experience in a corporate structure is preferred.
- BA/BS degree preferred with coursework in Human Resources and/or a related field
- Minimum 3 years with a major applicant tracking system (Oracle/Taleo highly preferred) and extensive experience with various active and passive web based recruitment tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage a heavy workload are essential
- Advanced systems, computer and Internet skills. Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Strong and applicable knowledge of Employment Law related to recruitment and employee selection
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
eQuest for Public Storage (Posting-Importer)