Customer Service Associate
When asked what it's like working at Wawa, many associates will say, "It's like working with family." Our family includes not only our associates, but our customers as well. At Wawa, we foster a culture that is fun, inclusive and challenging all at the same time. In return, you are empowered to provide exceptional customer service each and every day to those who call Wawa their home away from home.
As a family-owned, associate-owned company, Wawa maintains strong values focused on its people and their well-being, health and personal development. That means providing our team with quality benefits, training, opportunities for advancement and support. We develop our associates into passionate individuals who strive to deliver that passion to their teams, customers and local communities.
The Customer Service Associate works in support of the store management team to facilitate and perform a variety of tasks, including food and beverage preparation, cash register duties, customer service, general housekeeping and other related functions. The Customer Service Associate delivers an exceptional customer experience that supports Wawa's vision to "fulfill lives every day."
What you will do:
- Greet customers and provide an enjoyable shopping experience for all customers. Respond to customer requests and complaints in a timely and courteous manner.
- Adhere to the execution of established safety, security, quality and store operations policies, procedures and practices as outlined in Wawa's policy manual, training materials and other publications.
- Operate the cash register, scan items, bag merchandise and properly handle different methods of payment. Maintain proper cash levels in register drawers and change machines.
- Complete all store housekeeping functions (i.e., cleaning, dusting, sweeping, mopping, emptying trash, etc.).
- Stock food and beverage areas with products and supplies to ensure in stock conditions at all times. Ensure coffee thermals are filled and working properly.
What you will need:
- Pursuit of or High School Diploma or GED equivalent, preferred
- Prior food service and/or customer service experience, preferred
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
- Must be at least 16 years old to be considered for this position
- Reliable transportation