We are excited to announce immediate openings in the Washington DC area! Now is your opportunity to join our world-class team as one of the fastest growing contract security companies in the country!
Whelan Security is a performance-based company that cares deeply about maintaining our conservative business culture. The Field Supervisor is an operational employee of the company responsible for inspections, training, scheduling, delivering of supplies to accounts and occasionally personally filling account posts for a specific shift, typically reporting into an MSS or CSM. In some cases, the Field Supervisor will also provide drive-by patrol services to patrol accounts. The Field Supervisor is responsible for working with the MSS, CSMs, Project Managers and/or Site Supervisors in the branch to develop schedules, manage schedules, fill open shifts and oversee the Special Response Officers. The Field Supervisor role is 100% tactical and operational. The Field Supervisor is expected to build upon a culture of employee engagement and set the example for all employees in the branch of servant leadership and personal commitment to the Whelan Values.
Performance Metrics: The Field Supervisor is expected to achieve the following metrics within Whelans performance-based business environment:
- 100% of shifts covered by qualified personnel at all accounts during the responsible shift
- Personnel inspections and training of personnel to all accounts during the responsible shift
- Personnel recruiting to ensure full staffing levels
- Personally recruit a minimum of one new supervisor for the branch annually
- Develop a minimum of one Special Response Officers for promotion annually
- Become proficient in all company software systems (on-boarding, scheduling, financial)
- 100% compliance to the Whelan Mandatory Requirements
- Lead by example of living up to the Whelan Values
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- At least 21 years of age or older as required by applicable law or contractual requirements
- Demonstrate a stable work history
- Pass an extensive background screening which includes, but is not limited to, criminal background checks (local, state and federal), drug test, aptitude tests, skills assessment, interviews, and personality profile (behavioral assessment)
Candidates must meet the following educational requirements:
- Possess at least a high school education or equivalent (GED) college degree preferred
Be Supported: Whelan employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, supplemental benefits (including dental, vision, short term disability, life insurance, and legal assistance plans), 401(k) retirement plan, employee assistance program, prescription discount cards, paid vacations, and more!
Be Challenged: Our extensive training program and career progression opportunities create an environment where employees can thrive, succeed, and enhance their careers.
Be Rewarded: We are proud to acknowledge and reward exceptional employees who make a difference to customers, the team, and the organization through our comprehensive Employee Recognition Program.
Be Valued: We are more than a team we are a family! The distinctive culture of our family business sets us apart from every other contract security company in the industry.
If you have an interest in joining a leader in the contract security industry and would like to work at some of our outstanding client locations in the Washington DC area APPLY NOW!
Click Apply to begin the application process immediately. For more information, you can also call us at 301-459-2355
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old