Sales Associate - Retail/ Part-time
Do you enjoy a fast-paced atmosphere and have a passion for retail? Kum & Go is looking for Sales Associates who will be the customer’s first point of contact and will provide fast, friendly customer service. The Sales Associate will partner with the store team to achieve our vision of becoming the #1 Convenience Retailer.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Engage with the store team to execute store goals.
- Follow SOPs (register accuracy, cash counting, food safety, etc.).
- Promote food service and special sales.
- Stock, price and face products.
- Maintain cleanliness inside and outside of store.
- Display a positive attitude and promote teamwork.
- Promote the Kum & Go vision and values internally and externally.
- Exhibits professionalism in appearance, conduct and judgment.
High school diploma or GED preferred. Customer service experience is a plus.
Minimum Skills and/or Knowledge Required:
- Basic computer and math skills
- Demonstrates a friendly, helpful customer service attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to adapt to change
- Willingness to support food program and procedures
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining high detail orientation
- Strong drive for success
- Broad availability to include nights, weekends and holidays
- Regular attendance
- Professional and approachable appearance
- Ability to demonstrate core values; Teamwork, Excellence, Integrity, Caring, Passion
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate in person and on the telephone. Associate may need to read computer monitor for long periods of time. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, bend, stoop, crouch, and reach with hands and arms. Stand for 10 to 12 hour days, 5 to 6 days a week / bend at knees, repetitiously (20-30 times a day), walk briskly, and shovel snow as needed. This position frequently lifts, carries, or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 60 pounds and navigate in small spaces (cooler, back rooms and sheds). This position is exposed to occasional temperature extremes while performing work in a walk-in cooler or freezer.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Kum & Go is one of the largest privately-held, company-operated convenience store chains in the United States, and is headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa. With approximately 440 stores across 11 states throughout the Midwest, we are distinguished from our competitors by our excellence in customer service. Our entrepreneurial company is taking progressive steps to increase how the brand is leveraged to support our tremendous growth. Kum & Go considers people to be their greatest asset…come join us!